Kentucky hunters , best rut week?

Mr.Bro

Hunted the week before and the 1st week of gun. Never saw any signs of a rut. 2nd and 3rd week of November will usually see a lot of rut activity.

JeepKuntry

From what I have seen the peak seemed to be early November. If I had vacation time I would hunt the last few days of archery and first 3-4 days of rifle.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
If you are looking at actual big buck activity
11/4 - 11/11
But if you are looking for the best daytime opportunities to maybe get a shot at one you will need a reliable weather forecast.
The best years it's cloudy, colder, wet but not stormy, low winds with the pressure falling. Under those conditions deer will move around the clock!
In other years above avg temps, high pressure center locked down overhead with high winds and clear sky's and visible movement diminishes dramatically and may or may not improve on the next low pressure center but will with lower temperatures. The rut doesn't "move" it continues with less fever IMHO

BSK

Having grown up deer hunting in southern KY, Nov. 8-10 always seemed to be the top days. But I haven't hunted KY in years, so things may have changed.

DTM

Livingston County - 11/6 to 11/19. Last few days of archery into first week of rifle always produces the best rut activity for me. Prime time has always been Sat/Sun afternoon on the weekend before rifle opens.

Latest posts