Kentucky has hogs now

dh1984

I had a buddy on face book post this picture of these wild hogs and said Wild hogs are finally making an apperance in eastern Ky. These photos were taking in Knott County.

So looks like Kentucky will be over ran by them in a few years.

hogs.jpg

dh1984

Yep i know i didn't know they had any until he sent that picture to me.i told to kill everyone he saw up there because they are some destructive little suckers that's if the hunting game wardens would allow you to do so.

taximan

there are reports that small groups of hogs have been seen in southern indiana....i have not seen them, just heard the rumors...last year in our hunting reg book last year there was a notice to call the dnr hotline if a wild hog was spotted....they wanted info!!

dh1984

i wish i can find a few hog dogs and a good place to hunt them at.

But the way the hog regs is it will be hard to hunt them with out the land owner's help

fredfred

dh1984 said:

But the way the hog regs is it will be hard to hunt them with out the land owner's help

Impossible without the landowner help to do it legally

taximan

fredfred said:
I sold a hog dog to a guy in southern Indiana 3 years ago. He said there were lots of them.

that maybe true, there maybe be alot of them running around but i havent heard of anyone killing any nor have i talked to anyone in our state taxidermy assoc that has had a wild hog turned into them for mounting that was said to be killed in indiana, but i dont talked to them all...the two wardens that routinely check my freezers tell me that they are in the info gathering stages. so we will see what happens from here

dh1984

fredfred said:
dh1984 said:

Yes it is why don't they ever go back the way it was without this dang regs on them

fredfred

dh1984 said:
fredfred said:
dh1984 said:

Yes it is why don't they ever go back the way it was without this dang regs on them

Give it time, eventually the cost of tiring to do it there selves will catch up to TWRA.

Latest posts