Kent ammo?

JSPAL270

I just picked up a box of kent ultimant diamond turkey shells today. The guy at the shop swears they are the best. Has anyone ever used these?

AT Hiker

Spectra Shot is nickle coated too I think.

I wouldnt say they are the best, maybe out of certain guns/chokes they might work better than others.

If you got a good price on them and they shoot well I say cool. I once shot the target loads and they gummed up my receiver really bad, so I will not shoot them anymore.

Brad C.

Kent ammo and I will be blunt and to the point, sucks. Probably the worst shooting ammo for turkeys made. That's why it is so cheap. Yes it will killa turkey at 30 and 35yds. But 40yd patterns are just not very good at all.

AT Hiker

Rockhound said:
I don't understand how a Kent shell gummed up your receiver, they are not buffered

I am almost positive they were Kents I had the problem with, but now you have me second guessing myself. I will see if I still have some loose in my bin and check.

HuntnMoon

NO LIE... TWO YEARS AGO A GUY AT A SHOP TOLD ME THE SAME THIN... I FIGURED SCREW IT FOR THE PRICE YOU CANT GO WRONG SO I PICKED UP A BOX OF # AND # 6 IN 3 IN... I HAD 3-4 OTHER BOXES OF "HIGH END" AMMO IN 3-3AND A HALF IN SHELLS ... I SPENT THE DAY SHOOTING OUT OF 2 DIFFERENT SHOTGUNS MULTIPLE CHOKES AND AT THE END OF THE DAY OUT TO 40 YARDS THE KENT #5'S SHOT BETTER THAN THEM ALLIF YOU WERE JUST COUNTING AMOUNT OF SHOT IN A TURKEYS HEAD TYPE TARGET... JUST ONE DAY AND IM SURE THERE MANY OTHER OPINIONS OUT THERE BUT THATS MY EXPERIENCE...THEY HAVE KILLED THE BIRDS IVE SHOT AT.

Brad C.

There's a lot of lead loads out there that will in fact smoke the Kent loads. I haven't shot one yet that wouldn't beat them. And Hevi-13 loads will make the Kent loads look like a 22 bird shot load. At 40yds the Kent loads are a marginal turkey load. I honestly can't believe they call them turkey loads.

JSPAL270

I was thinking for 6.50 a box they are a low end round. I have 2 boxes of Winchester copper plated as well I think I will shoot the Winchester. The kent ammo has 1 3/4 oz of shot and the Winchester has 1 7/8 oz of shot

Latest posts