Keller Chryst

chris1976

Heard he joined the Vols. If true we got our quarterback situation solved for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyB

Heard he will not enroll in the spring. Has to pass two classes at Stanford. Already signed though. I'd say he's the. Eat option y'all have. Good grad transfer pick up

PillsburyDoughboy

chris1976":1d4irait said:
Heard he joined the Vols. If true we got our quarterback situation solved for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/te ... r-chryst-2

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Stanford graduate transfer quarterback Keller Chryst has signed with Tennessee and will compete for starting duties.

Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt broke the news Thursday night, but he was quick to add that Tennessee's quarterback situation is far from settled.

RELATED: Tennessee football offensive plan could depend on adding Keller Chryst

"There's probably other guys that would like to have come here, but I would not tell them they'd be the starting quarterback — that will be determined by the guys on the field," Pruitt said, asked about the Vols' quarterback situation with scholarship sophomores Jarrett Guarantano and Will McBride returning.

Chryst went 11-2 as the Cardinal's starting quarterback the past two seasons, while Guarantano was 1-5 starting for Tennessee and McBride 0-1.

Chryst is the nephew of Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst and the nephew of Denver Broncos' assistant Geep Chryst.

Pruitt said he was honest with Keller Chryst about the competitive situation he would be entering into when he arrives in June.

"I told Keller Chryst the only things I know about JG (Guarantano) is he has arm talent, he can run, and he's tough as nails, because (Alabama) beat him up last year," Pruitt said. "Will McBride, I'm not as familiar with because we didn't play against him.

"When you look at it from that standpoint, you really don't know what you have either way."

Pruitt said he likes what he knows about Chryst, a 6-foot-5, 231 pounder from Palo Alto, Calif.

"Keller was excited about the chance to compete, that's all he wanted," Pruitt said. "He has experience, he comes from a football family, and he has good maturity.

Latest posts