74MOPAR

74MOPAR

Well karma got me again. Was at bass pro early this morning and needed a price check on something- I looked everywhere before I went up to the gun counter. One guy standing there checking something on the register. My wife and I are the only ones around. Didn't want to interrupt him so I just wait, he keeps cutting his eyes up at me, after 4-5 minutes he says in a crappy tone- "do you need something ?" Not good morning or merry Christmas. So my smart arse comes out with-" no we are just standing here our dam health",drop the box in the floor And walk off. Should have just been the bigger man. Lol . Well karma comes around and 8:00 tonight I'm working in the garage come inside and our heat has gone out ! Maybe some day I will learn to hold my tongue :D My wife said as soon as he said it she knew it was going down hill and walked off :mrgreen:

woodyard

woodyard

I am pretty good natured and patient, but as I have gotten older those situations seem to be occurring more for me and the bad side comes out more often. It seems we are just an inconvenience for store clerks now days at a lot of places.

Hope the heat got going and Merry Christmas.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

That sounds about right for the bass pro gun counter these days.

1bow4me

1bow4me

Well I gotta say, you are a better man than me. I guess the older I get the less tolerance I have for this kinda stuff. You walk in as a customer and walk out an ex customer. I'd rather go to academy or dunhams now. They at least act like you matter. At least for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ImThere

ImThere

I was in Dunham’s last week at the register trying to pay. My turn comes up, the cashier turns his back to me without a word. The manager opens the cash register and starts counting money. I stood there, they keep counting 10 people behind me. I finally had enough and say “really” they both look at me and then start counting again. I said “your really going to count the money in the only register open right now?” They both look up and keep counting. I lost it. Said quite a few words that weren’t appropriate, made a scene and left without purchasing anything. I refuse to go back in the Local Dunhams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNCharlie

TNCharlie

ImThere":3mgerhn1 said:
I was in Dunham’s last week at the register trying to pay. My turn comes up, the cashier turns his back to me without a word. The manager opens the cash register and starts counting money. I stood there, they keep counting 10 people behind me. I finally had enough and say “really” they both look at me and then start counting again. I said “your really going to count the money in the only register open right now?” They both look up and keep counting. I lost it. Said quite a few words that weren’t appropriate, made a scene and left without purchasing anything. I refuse to go back in the Local Dunhams

Was that the Dunham's in Columbia? That place is awful. I really don't know how they stay in business. Occasionally they have a special on something like ground blinds and I will go get it. I learned to always take the ad with me; otherwise they have no idea what I'm talking about. Customer service is non-existent. I leave every time thinking that I will never go back. By the time a year passes I have calmed down and go again. But I think that I may have reached my limit now.

My son wanted a particular type of golf ball for Xmas. I was passing by Dunham's the other day and thought it would be easy to stop in and get a box of golf balls. Wrong. Briefly, their deal is to display only empty boxes to prevent theft. So when you want golf balls, someone has to unlock the secret cabinet where they are kept. I will skip the laborious details, but it took some passive aggressiveness on my part (I was actually proud of myself), 3 employees, and the store manager just to get the balls. He handed them to me and quickly walked off. The young lady whom I had originally asked for help put your hand out and said, "I will take those to checkout for you." I was mildly flabbergasted. In a calm voice (and maybe with a bit of a sneer), I said, "Why? You don't trust me to take these to checkout and pay for them?"

Of course she denied that, so I just proceeded to checkout leaving her standing with her mouth open.

Footnote: The 4 employees that it took to wait on me was one more than the number of customers in the store.

ImThere

ImThere

TNCharlie":39aoggj4 said:
ImThere":39aoggj4 said:

Was that the Dunham's in Columbia? That place is awful. I really don't know how they stay in business. Occasionally they have a special on something like ground blinds and I will go get it. I learned to always take the ad with me; otherwise they have no idea what I'm talking about. Customer service is non-existent. I leave every time thinking that I will never go back. By the time a year passes I have calmed down and go again. But I think that I may have reached my limit now.

My son wanted a particular type of golf ball for Xmas. I was passing by Dunham's the other day and thought it would be easy to stop in and get a box of golf balls. Wrong. Briefly, their deal is to display only empty boxes to prevent theft. So when you want golf balls, someone has to unlock the secret cabinet where they are kept. I will skip the laborious details, but it took some passive aggressiveness on my part (I was actually proud of myself), 3 employees, and the store manager just to get the balls. He handed them to me and quickly walked off. The young lady whom I had originally asked for help put your hand out and said, "I will take those to checkout for you." I was mildly flabbergasted. In a calm voice (and maybe with a bit of a sneer), I said, "Why? You don't trust me to take these to checkout and pay for them?"

Of course she denied that, so I just proceeded to checkout leaving her standing with her mouth open.

Footnote: The 4 employees that it took to wait on me was one more than the number of customers in the store.
yep. Columbia I have no idea how they stay open the way they treat folks. It always takes forever to get out of there, no help at the cash register, no help at the Gun counter.

It would have been awesome after all that to tell them you changed your mind ask for a different ball about 3 or 4 times then change your mind and leave empty handed just to mess with them. I literally cannot stand the place.