Kamara

McCoy

EastTNHunter":33e3y2hp said:
McCoy":33e3y2hp said:
EastTNHunter":33e3y2hp said:
That's funny... A guy doesn't do anything on the field or in a training camp, is already an early signee on campus and is no longer even a "recruit," and becomes a 5 star why??!!?? This shows how screwed up recruiting is, and how much of an inexact science it is. I used to keep up with recruiting a lot more, but this is the reason that I roll my eyes at it anymore. :bash:

But keep up with your boy crushes on 16-19 year old teenagers if it makes you happy, but I think that it is creepy and gross :poke:

This is why??!?? A 5 star means a player has excellent pro-potential and should emerge as one of the best in the country before the end of his career. I think 50 or so analysts come up with these ratings so I believe he's not getting them just for kicks. I can take my orange goggles off and completely agree with his 5th star, should've been a 5 star a long time ago IMO!

If it was just this simple, then why was he not a 5* to begin with? If it is that simple, then why do different recruiting agencies rank the same recruit drastically different? What has Kamara done over the past little bit to change his ranking? Absolutely nothing! This does not mean that he will not be good, and I don't mean it as a slight towards him, but at the whole recruiting process in general.

Point-in-case, the team that I route for, UGA, had a 3* under-the-radar guy commit last year or the year prior, and the very next day he gained a "*". Why? Becasue he committed to a big-time school. Recruiting services do nothing more than create hype to generate money. Some of the things that they do are just silly, that's all. Some of the best players in college football history have been no-or-low-star prospects.

But, hey, if it gives you a warm fuzzy to know that this guy is a 5*, more power to you.

Are you kidding me right now? Do you really think that it is this simple?? Like said above there are people that evaluate these players for a living (which obviously are all perverted child molesters in your eyes) based on the simple statement I made. They don't just pull these ratings out of nowhere and more than likely it probably takes them a little time to come up with these ratings because there are a few players out there.

I guess all these coach's, fans, etc across America are all sick because they follow these guys on the recruiting trail. You know you're the sick one for even thinking like that! Troll somewhere else!

Scioto

Up to those coaches to coach up those fine young offensive lineman. They can't be the slobs, but "big orange crush" that might work. I want UT to do well. I bleed scarlet and gray, but this is my adopted state and my connections go back over 40 years so I pull for UT and it would be great to play them in the Cotton or Orange next year. However, I think the jury is out and I question UT football staff. There was another group of "fine young offensive linemen" last year, youth wasn't an excuse, there were high expectations and higher expectations for their coach, and they got coached up and produced:

20 - 220 - 2

20 - 230 - 2

36 - 246 - 4

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
McCoy":25vp9zuq said:
Are you kidding me right now? Do you really think that it is this simple?? Like said above there are people that evaluate these players for a living (which obviously are all perverted child molesters in your eyes) based on the simple statement I made. They don't just pull these ratings out of nowhere and more than likely it probably takes them a little time to come up with these ratings because there are a few players out there.

I guess all these coach's, fans, etc across America are all sick because they follow these guys on the recruiting trail. You know you're the sick one for even thinking like that! Troll somewhere else!

Geez, don't get sand in your mangina, the "creepy and gross" part was hyperbole and intended to be a joke, hence the :poke: ! I maintain that recruiting is not an exact science and that the "experts" get it wrong often, and that recruiting is taken WAY too seriously by some. I think the "star" stuff is way overemphasized and silly. You are the one that said it was simple because you could take off your orange colored glasses and see it for yourself.

Latest posts