Juvie Roll Call

TN Larry

Who is taking a juvenile this weekend? My 10 year old and I will be out good Lord willing. I came down with the flu on Thursday, and we didn't get to hunt this past weekend. I am just now getting over it as it hit me with a ton of bricks. He has killed a decent buck and a doe this year while letting several smaller bucks walk looking for a big one. They probably won't be as lucky this weekend.

Good luck to all taking a juvenile this weekend and be safe!

cbhunter

I will take my 14 yo stepson if he wishes. He killed his first deer this year, a doe, earlier this season. He only went twice this year though so you never know. Hopefully he wants to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acorn

I will be carrying my 7 year old he wants to give it another try. He missed a spike earlier in the season but once it got cold he was done. I will be carrying him in the evenings so it will be a little warmer for a short set. After about a hour and a half he is ready to go. Good luck to all!

deerkiller300wsm

We will be there! My 6 year old little girl can't wait to get back in her buddy stand! She killed her first deer this year out of it, a button buck, and has been itching to go back since! Hope she gets a shot. We could use anothe deer to put in freezer!!!!!!

Fisherofmen

I'm planning on trying to go this weekend and take my youngest son depending on the weather. Been working long hours this week and been hearing rumors that it's supposed to be kind of nasty weekend.

hitek

Will be taking mine but will not be hunting TN. I am taking her to MS to try and knock that state off of her list. We tried GA a couple weeks ago with no luck.

TX300mag

I had planned to, but changed plans when I got sick last week. Fortunately an unexpected opportunity for them has popped up for them here in Texas, so we'll be there.

rmmonty32

My boys are 6 and 8 what is the best caliber for them to use...they are wanting to start hunting and I'm not sure what would be best

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
rmmonty32":3v6l1bkt said:
My boys are 6 and 8 what is the best caliber for them to use...they are wanting to start hunting and I'm not sure what would be best

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
243 would be a good one for them to start off with. H&R make a good cheap youth gun.

It all depends on the weather for us whether or not we will be out hunting. a 15 and 11 year old boys, one will be using a 308 and the other a 243

Poleaxe

My OCD always flairs during any juvi season. I couldn't bare it if I left something and I cost him a deer. He's gotten two already and got a green light from a farmer yesterday to bring him on his farm that is covered up. He keeps people off of it to for the very fee that try getting across that huge creek to access his. I'm excited as you can tell. Good luck to all others.

Attachments

• 20180112_231724.jpg
    20180112_231724.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 20180112_231845.jpg
    20180112_231845.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 20180112_231743.jpg
    20180112_231743.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,022

Poleaxe

TN Larry":2ogimemf said:
Who is taking a juvenile this weekend? My 10 year old and I will be out good Lord willing. I came down with the flu on Thursday, and we didn't get to hunt this past weekend. I am just now getting over it as it hit me with a ton of bricks. He has killed a decent buck and a doe this year while letting several smaller bucks walk looking for a big one. They probably won't be as lucky this weekend.

Good luck to all taking a juvenile this weekend and be safe!

Tell Wesley that Evan and I said good luck tomorrow.

duckriver

Poleaxe":1ezhc9af said:
My OCD always flairs during any juvi season. I couldn't bare it if I left something and I cost him a deer. He's gotten two already and got a green light from a farmer yesterday to bring him on his farm that is covered up. He keeps people off of it to for the very fee that try getting across that huge creek to access his. I'm excited as you can tell. Good luck to all others.

Nothing like your first can of Copenhagen as a kid on a juvy hunt :rotf:

Sorry I had to. Looks like a can on the counter

Urban_Hunter

Well we had a heartbreaking morning. Took a little buddy and we got up in the stand a little too early and at 7:15 he was shivering pretty good and finally agreed it would be good to go back to the house to warm up a bit. We went back to the stand at 8:15 and saw fresh tracks in the snow where we had walked, looked like two deer. Got back in the stand and hunted another couple hours not seeing anything. Checked the trail cam, we walked by at 7:16, 9pt walked by at 7:40 and again at 7:46, we walked back by at 8:12. DANG IT lol.

TX300mag

Looks like I may have made the right decision to stay in Texas this week. Weather looks brutal again and combines with very tough hunting can be a little discouraging.

We tent camped in 16 degrees last night but wind wasn't bad. My son killed his first this morning, so now it's my daughter's turn.

This ranch is covered in deer. They have green light on spikes and does.

859c487c23c1d82d85cde92fa7df6760.jpg