Juvenile License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama Doe

A while back I asked about my younger brothers from Kentucky coming to hunt with me here in Tennessee. They did not have their hunter saftey course then but have taken it since. They are 11 and 12. What license will they need. We will be hunting in unit L and I will allow them to take a doe. Thanks!

hitek7

They should need nothing (since they have hunters safety) but a social security # if hunting during bow season. If they will be hunting during gun season (and it is not the youth hunt) they will need an 094 to shoot a doe. I am not TWRA, just have alot of experience in this area as I have asked all of the youth questions in the past.

scn

SharpEyeGirl said:
So all I need is their social security number?

It depends.

I'm second guessing myself on something, so I am going to lock this and make sure I am correct before posting. I'll try to get you a firm answer on Monday.

scn

Ok, I confirmed my answer.

Juveniles, including nonresident juveniles, do not have to have a LICENSE (except the Apprentice license if they don't meet the hunter ed req.) until age 13. So, your brothers will need no LICENSE.

If they are going to be hunting later in the season on the Special Season Antlerless hunts, they will need the Type 94 PERMIT.

To check a deer in, they will have to have their social security number. They WILL NOT be able to check it in online or by the phone App until they have a TWRA profile created for them. They will get that by going to a checking station for their initial check in, or by call the TWRA License Sales Div. ahead of time and creating the profile. AgaIn, it will require their SS#.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts