Juvenile hunt

bobbuck

I never had any kids, but I can tell you that some of my favorite memories of my Dad were him taking me fishing. As a 9-12 year old I loved to fish, my dad was a golfer but for 3-4 years in a row he would take me from Knoxville to Clarksville. The store manager at Sterchi Brothers was a big fisherman and Dad would get him to take us fishing for crappie. Man it was so much fun! Funny thing is I live in the middle of some of the best saltwater fishing in the world now and don't care a thing about going.

I sure do miss him and would give anything to go kick up a rabbit come Thanksgiving!

tellico4x4

I'm blessed. Had 3 daughters of which only one kinda took up hunting. She had two sons that were only 15 months apart. They were 4-5 yrs old when I started my lease 20 years ago. They have literally grown up at Bullet Hunting Club! Ah the memories, not only at BHC, but lots of hunting & fishing trips elsewhere with those two.

Same daughter had a 3rd son 13 years later, so I'm getting to do it all over again! At 68, I'm a little slower than I use to be, but have had way more time to spend with him. Since starting school he always spends most of Christmas break at camp. Have several other kids in club that are near his age & all are growing up in GODs great outdoors. Leaving camp today at 1:30 to go pick him up at school & bring him back for weekend.

Will have 4 other kids & dad's in camp this weekend. Lots of eats, hunting & fellowship will be had by all.

Good luck to everyone & cherish the memories!!

M T Pockets 000

FB_IMG_1666981666430.jpg

Slaughter-06

With it coming up and seeing my "memories" pop up on facebook really makes me sad.
All the years that my son was able to go on the juvy hunt that was the same week we had inventory at work.
I think of all those years I was able to go with him ONE Saturday morning and ONE Saturday evening.
Had to work L O N G hours every time that weekend.

I promise you young dads out there, you will N E V E R look back and say, sheesh I wish I had worked more.
Not that I really had a choice but all I am saying is take every chance you have to enjoy your children and life in general.

Good luck to everyone.
That's why God made grandsons!

morgancountry

We were battling the flu last weekend so we missed out in the catoosa youth hunt. But my 8 year old is finally feeling better and is ready to go! I bought a Ruger ranch youth in .350 legend and he shoots it really well. Good luck this morning to everyone!!

Latest posts