Just when you think...

WilcoKen

Its a done deal the agony of defeat shows it's face. The tom was roosted 70 yards away, gobbling enough to tell me this hunt would be done in time for an early breakfast. A few soft yelps and a fly down cackle from me and I see him pitch down at 60 yds just over a rise.

He gobbles some but must have a hen. It's taking him a little too long to come over the rise. Finally see him at 50 yds and he's putting on a show for his hen. Then she starts walking to me and he's in tow. She gets to 35 and he's 10 behind her but walking right down my barrel.

That coyote blasts past me and up and out of there the tom goes. In the seconds before all that, I probably could have killed the strutter with my Super Mag but was hunting old school today. 50 year old H&R single shot full. As the ole bumper sticker says...--it happens!

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I've killed a few coyotes making the sneak on my calls. I had one come between me and a strutting gobbler once. I went ahead and shot him and let the gobbler go. I figured I-would have another chance at the Tom, and the coyote wouldn't ever get another turkey.

Latest posts