Just plain angry today

Chiflyguy

That'd be funny except he ain't joking entirely. AC units got hit hard years ago with new construction around here...imagine they still are doing it?
I have a cellular trail cam set up on my house Incase my HVAC decides to take a walk.
I’ll end up in prison if I get someone on camera messin around.
Or I’ll just dig a big hole on my mountain.😉

Snake

Supporter
Got a lot of things goin.
Decided to sell my house in Illinois so I have some work to do before it hits the market.
I need to plumb my Tennessee house, doin copper because it’s what I like and trust but the copper pipe prices are ridiculous but I need to do it so I’ll bite the bullet.
Then on top of all this, I look at the news.
Seriously, what the hell is going on out there?
I can’t believe this is the country I served 4 years in the Navy for, paid too much taxes in, blah blah blah.
Cops getting shot for doin their job, kids getting abducted, and all the other mess goin on.
I really need to just unplug I think.
Anyone else just getting fed up with everything sometimes?
Yes , yes and yes I'm getting tired of this junk as well.

BMan

That'd be funny except he ain't joking entirely. AC units got hit hard years ago with new construction around here...imagine they still are doing it?

Not a joke at all. My company was rehabbing a building earlier this year, both the copper pipe and the wiring (twice) were stolen right out of the building. Had cameras catch the action, but kinda hard to ID someone with hoodies and masks. Finally had to hire an on-site overnight security guard for 4 months.

We had a distribution center in South Central LA they broke into one weekend, tore the copper pipe out. The copper pipe that was currently carrying water. Guy walked in Monday and there was a foot of water in the building.

Carlos

Got a lot of things goin.
Decided to sell my house in Illinois so I have some work to do before it hits the market.
I need to plumb my Tennessee house, doin copper because it’s what I like and trust but the copper pipe prices are ridiculous but I need to do it so I’ll bite the bullet.
Then on top of all this, I look at the news.
Seriously, what the hell is going on out there?
I can’t believe this is the country I served 4 years in the Navy for, paid too much taxes in, blah blah blah.
Cops getting shot for doin their job, kids getting abducted, and all the other mess goin on.
I really need to just unplug I think.
Anyone else just getting fed up with everything sometimes?
It can seem like too much, sometimes. Hang in there.

WTM

Thanks guys!
This going from being an “angry guy” thread to a plumbing one is what I needed. I really feel better.
Copper is what I know and what my experience is with.
I repiped my house with a buddy in copper.
Remember, I’m up here in Yankee Hell and although I do not live in Chicago city limits I’m close enough that I have to follow Chicago Plumbing code which is Type L copper or galvanized. The plumbers union writes the code so easier to use materials are a no no so you can’t do it yourself.
I’m gonna research CPVC.
minerals and acidity in well water will eat copper like no tomorrow and create pinholes. pvc/cpvc is fine just make sure to use a cleaner/primer before you glue. i replaced the 1” pvc with pex when i rearranged the hot water heater and added a katalox light media filter tank. real easy to run. i also installed a cycle stop valve to get the full pressure of the well pump since i have a small pressure tank and it is easier on the well pump instead of cycling with the pressure switch.

Midnight rider

If I were you i would check and use pex if possible. It is the best thing these days and stay away from cpvc in the north. If it freezes its the easiest to crack or just break. I been doing this for 30+ years now. And i am with you on the way things are going now. Its like common sense has totally vanished. We don't watch regular tv or the news anymore (about 6 years now) because of the anger that came with it. Hope your spirt is lifted knowing your not the only one who sees that this is actually going on in our country. Keep the up the faith brother your not alone.

Chiflyguy

If I were you i would check and use pex if possible. It is the best thing these days and stay away from cpvc in the north. If it freezes its the easiest to crack or just break. I been doing this for 30+ years now. And i am with you on the way things are going now. Its like common sense has totally vanished. We don't watch regular tv or the news anymore (about 6 years now) because of the anger that came with it. Hope your spirt is lifted knowing your not the only one who sees that this is actually going on in our country. Keep the up the faith brother your not alone.
Yeah, I’m just gonna keep on keeping on.
Just needed to vent.

poorhunter

Got a particular brand that’s successful?
I’ve never noticed there are different brands, but there are different types...A, B, and C. For homeowner use there’s really no difference. Here’s a link describing the difference:

I’ve always just bought it at Lowe’s and it is way better to buy it in the rolls verses the sticks so you have fewer connections on each run.

Chiflyguy

Oh and a helpful saying I tell everyone including myself during troubled times, is " Swim like a duck, remain calm and collected up top, and fight like hell below"!!!
You know what really concerns me, is guys like your son and mine. They are growing up in nothing like the world I did. Gen X here.
I’m glad my youngest is going into the Coast Guard.
Maybe they’ll give him the kick in the shorts I couldn’t.

BigRod

You know what really concerns me, is guys like your son and mine. They are growing up in nothing like the world I did. Gen X here.
I’m glad my youngest is going into the Coast Guard.
Maybe they’ll give him the kick in the shorts I couldn’t.
It's a different world for sure.....

Latest posts