Just plain angry today

Chiflyguy

Got a lot of things goin.
Decided to sell my house in Illinois so I have some work to do before it hits the market.
I need to plumb my Tennessee house, doin copper because it’s what I like and trust but the copper pipe prices are ridiculous but I need to do it so I’ll bite the bullet.
Then on top of all this, I look at the news.
Seriously, what the hell is going on out there?
I can’t believe this is the country I served 4 years in the Navy for, paid too much taxes in, blah blah blah.
Cops getting shot for doin their job, kids getting abducted, and all the other mess goin on.
I really need to just unplug I think.
Anyone else just getting fed up with everything sometimes?

GreyGoose

Yep,I pretty much keep to myself.Besides brief chats with guys at work and Tn deer being my “Facebook” I don’t keep up with much at all in these crazy times…….Hard enough just getting bye day to day with life in general without involving all this other madness going on

TNTreeman

I'm with you buddy. I know it's cliche but you really have to focus at times like this on Jesus and all he's done for you . Another big one for me is when I feel this way go and do something totally selfless and kind for someone , always helps. Now, when I go on a tirade and anger spewing rant I hope someone tells me this. Probably tomorrow ! 😂

Huntaholic

I'm with you buddy. I know it's cliche but you really have to focus at times like this on Jesus and all he's done for you . Another big one for me is when I feel this way go and do something totally selfless and kind for someone , always helps. Now, when I go on a tirade and anger spewing rant I hope someone tells me this. Probably tomorrow ! 😂
Tomorrow? Today aint over with yet buddy! :D

backyardtndeer

Thanks for a good reminder. Been a bit going myself. Read the story of Job several times. Puts things in a bit different perspective.

jag1

Did mine 10 years ago.
No problemas
You might check with the water department & see if they're had issues. Two communities I live/work in have had horrific issues with copper like Mick described. Just something to think about. The chemical composition of the water is the problem as I understand it....and not H2O before the police say something lol.

Chiflyguy

You might check with the water department & see if they're had issues. Two communities I live/work in have had horrific issues with copper like Mick described. Just something to think about. The chemical composition of the water is the problem as I understand it....and not H2O before the police say something lol.
Ah. I’m eventually gonna have well water. Maybe that’s the issue.
I’m not a big fan of using PVC for pressure.

Gronk

My house was done almost exclusively with pex 16 years ago. We’ve been there 5 1/2 years no issues. We have well water, hard and sulfur

backyardtndeer

Well water here and plumbed my house with cpvc when we built it over 10 years ago. Contractor that was getting the house in the dry for us really pushed me to run pex. I did it all myself, I have no regrets taking the extra time to run hard pipe. If I were to do it again, I would still use cpvc. Not sure why the apprehension over pipe with regards to pressure?

jag1

I'm on well water AND we have PVC..it was code when we built. Anyway, the supply lines to our faucets were copper and they've leaked. Just something to think about.

jag1

My biggest concern with copper would be neighborhood crackheads breaking in and uninstalling all of the pipe.
That'd be funny except he ain't joking entirely. AC units got hit hard years ago with new construction around here...imagine they still are doing it?

Chiflyguy

Well water here and plumbed my house with cpvc when we built it over 10 years ago. Contractor that was getting the house in the dry for us really pushed me to run pex. I did it all myself, I have no regrets taking the extra time to run hard pipe. If I were to do it again, I would still use cpvc. Not sure why the apprehension over pipe with regards to pressure?
Thanks guys!
This going from being an “angry guy” thread to a plumbing one is what I needed. I really feel better.
Copper is what I know and what my experience is with.
I repiped my house with a buddy in copper.
Remember, I’m up here in Yankee Hell and although I do not live in Chicago city limits I’m close enough that I have to follow Chicago Plumbing code which is Type L copper or galvanized. The plumbers union writes the code so easier to use materials are a no no so you can’t do it yourself.
I’m gonna research CPVC.