Just My Luck

Bone Collector

Oh he's a shooter for sure! Wouldn't be safe walking past my stand. Keep after him. He was likely locked with a doe and Tuesday he was searching for the next.

While he's in the area servicing the girls, you have a great chance a tagging him! He'll be visible because he's on a mission, which makes him vulnerable. He's covering lots of ground in that localized area right there. In my experience a buck will spend several days to a week, maybe even 2wks before moving on. And once he leaves, your chances dramatically drop. Get him now!
exactly the dilemma I deal with each year. A good buck shows up and he is there 3-5 days and then he is gone. If you are not off on those days, forget it.

kaizen leader

I thought I would post this to demonstrate how my luck runs. Friday night cbhunter gets the following pic on his cam:
View attachment 158639
Saturday afternoon my son gets the following pic on his cam in the daylight:
View attachment 158640
Sunday afternoon he shows up in a food plot with a doe in the daylight where gasman and I have cams.
View attachment 158649
I decided now was the time to hunt him while he was coming out in the daylight so I took off Monday and hunted him all day. I saw one small buck and didn't get any pics on camera. Tuesday morning I'm back at work and my phone goes off and he's back in action. 🤣 I know he's not a shooter to a lot of you, but he meets my standards.
View attachment 158651
Shooter in my book. Still good meat.

Ski

exactly the dilemma I deal with each year. A good buck shows up and he is there 3-5 days and then he is gone. If you are not off on those days, forget it.

Yessir it's just the nature of the beast. They breed an area out then move on to the next. How long they stay depends on how many receptive does are available, and the big guys know from experience to keep moving when things dry up. The younger bucks stay & keep harassing does that they'll likely never get to breed. I think this is why you see a good buck on cam, he shows up on every cam multiple times for a few days, then disappears. Buttons through 2.5yr olds are around all season long.

Mescalero

I thought I would post this to demonstrate how my luck runs. Friday night cbhunter gets the following pic on his cam:
View attachment 158639
View attachment 158640
Sunday afternoon he shows up in a food plot with a doe in the daylight where gasman and I have cams.
View attachment 158649
I decided now was the time to hunt him while he was coming out in the daylight so I took off Monday and hunted him all day. I saw one small buck and didn't get any pics on camera. Tuesday morning I'm back at work and my phone goes off and he's back in action. 🤣 I know he's not a shooter to a lot of you, but he meets my standards.
View attachment 158651
He meets my standards.

tdt5446

View attachment 158639
View attachment 158640
View attachment 158649
View attachment 158651
I too share your standards!

Latest posts