Just fyi

woodyard

It is amazing how many things you can accumulate in 40-50 years when you live on a farm, repair and build most things yourself, hunt, fish , woodwork and have a lot of other hobbies/interests. Got a lot of the house stuff gone but this shop.
Ruger, rem270 and Spec Jon have all seen my shop. They can vouch for it.The bad part is I had a shop fire in 15 that took out a bunch of stuff.
I have been selling, giving away, throwing away and burned a lot for 6 months to a year and I am still overwhelmed. Going to be bad If I don't get a new place with a large shop building.

DaveTN

Or just in a regular house...

When moving my parents into independent living we had to get rid of most everything in their house. It was tough when they thought we would want all that stuff. We didn't.

I told my wife that I don't want to put my kids through that, and we need to get rid of some stuff (aka junk).

backyardtndeer

I hear you. What's bad for me is that I keep a lot of stuff that I may use in the future. We also have a basement that has accumulated a lot from family members and stuff that our 2 oldest kids have left behind but that they don't want to get rid of but also don't want to take home.

woodyard

I hear you. What's bad for me is that I keep a lot of stuff that I may use in the future. We also have a basement that has accumulated a lot from family members and stuff that our 2 oldest kids have left behind but that they don't want to get I rid of but also don't want to take home.
Keeping extra whatever's for future use is one of my problems. But then again I have been able to solve a lot of repair/ projects without spending more money. Just a week or two ago I gave ruger metal roofing for the duck blind that was extra from a project in 2012 and 2013 . I have a lot of sawmill lumber still after cutting it back in early 2000s. Used a heck of a lot of it but still have a bunch. I don't want to think about selling it. I have just about cleared out all of my scrap metal though.

CBU93

Crap boys…in the course of the last three years:

FIL passed away wife inherits all farms, houses, personal effects

We move from our home of 25 years

Move my mom into assisted living and sell her home and most possessions…still filtering through personal effects…

I currently have a home garage, two storage units, two shops, a barn, cabin, and untold amounts of "stuff" stored in a pole barn and other outbuildings to go through….

Yard sale November 4!!!!

BMan

That was one thing about moving a lot with the AF; we never accumulated junk. The only "extra" stuff we kept were the padded boxes for collectibles we bought overseas and electronics.

When we got out and bought a house, all of those boxes made a heckuva bonfire.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I've told myself I should spend an hour, or even less, every week to fill up a box or bag of stuff to throw away or pick a small area and haul stuff away. I know I would make a dent within a year. As it is, I occasionally clean out an area and feel good about it, but when I'm done, it often looks the same.

Latest posts