Just curious

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Who cleans their fish in the kitchen sink ?
I have seen lots of pictures of sinks full of fish and it just made me wonder.
I like the idea of standing at the kitchen sink in the ac doing it but don't think my wife would go for it?

JCDEERMAN

Usually in the sink. I know my MIL is a stickler about everything in her kitchen, but she allows the FIL to put his crappie in there to clean

WTM

yeah thats a no go in my house. my papaw use to scald catfish in the sink. before he died, my friend and bass pro mike holt would filet them on his kitchen counter. lol, you could see the blood spatters on his ceiling.

TheLBLman

I usually clean fish outside, but occasionally, prefer or need to do at an inside sink.
If it's too hot outside, storming, I may just do it inside.
Sometimes there is not a good place "outside" like when you're staying at the Hyatt Regency. I'm sure they love finding those fish scales in the bathtub!

I like the idea of standing at the kitchen sink in the ac doing it but don't think my wife would go for it?
Generally speaking, you should never clean fish in the kitchen when an anchor is in the house. Exception is usually permitted if you're in a hotel, or at a friend's house when his anchor is not around.

cbhunter

I have seen lots of pictures of sinks full of fish and it just made me wonder.
That brought back memories! As a very young boy I can recall bathtubs full of slimy catfish! There are pictures of it in moms family album. Yes, that is where he cleaned them and no one was gonna tell him different! Lol

Trapper John

I clean mine on a cutting board on the island in the kitchen. The smell clears out after an hour or so. More comfortable than standing out in the sun.

peytoncreekhunter

I've always done it in the sink. My daughter bought me a table from bass pro that has a sink and water hose hook up on it but I've yet to use it. I really need to try it out.

CATCHDAWG

I have one of the cleaning tables with sink and hose hook up as well. Depending on the weather and or daylight, I will clean outside. Otherwise, the table gets moved into the shop where there's lights, heat and a/c.

dg7080

I dont fish much myself, but as a kid my dad did and he cleaned them all in the kitchen sink. Mamma didn't fuss about it that I know of.. :)

Latest posts