3D4D129F-1EFA-431A-8826-2345076B0794-32374-00003812E3D5109C_zps08bb6ca0.jpg

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
:cool:
I got three different spots that I am gonna hit soon. :D

catman529

Bone Collector said:
Cool! where do you find those? I mean like what type of terrain do you find them in?
most often hillsides in hardwoods. ridge and hollow type terrain. But have found the stray mushroom down by the river. Sometimes they are up on ridge tops and sometimes in drainages but I seem to find a lot right on the side of the hills. Hardwoods like white ash and oak seem to always be around as well as maple, tulip tree, hickory, elm, etc... basically just hardwood forests are where I find most of my mushrooms

catman529

Crosshairy said:
are there any look-alike mushrooms you have to look out for? I would be worried about picking something that would kill me...
nothing that will kill you , but there are false morels. They look more like a brain than a sponge, and when cut open they do not have a hollow stem - all morels are hollow. False morels have made some people sick while others had no ill effect, but it's best to stay away from them. I have yet to even find one.

Mudbone

I'm convinced morel mushrooms are a fairy tale and they don't exist. I have looked high and low and never found the first one.

Outdoor life

Nice! I'm gonna walk in the woods tomorrow in the spots I've found them in years past and hunt for them. It's a hike, but finding a few makes it worth it.

catman529

Mudbone said:
I'm convinced morel mushrooms are a fairy tale and they don't exist. I have looked high and low and never found the first one.
I'm telling you ill take you to that spot where I found 200 in a day in 2011... Finding a big patch is like you are in a fairy tale and them you realize it's real!

Latest posts