Just a "Heads Up"

Pappy

I've had the absolute joy and humbling blessing of being a part of our granschildrens lives. Pictured
Screenshot_20231129-084154_kindlephoto-401069.png
are grandsons Bryant, 31 and Jon, 17. This photo is of Jon's first bird of 2023. He took his first at age 5 and has limited every season since. Bryant's story is similar except school, work, family have gotten in the way in adult years. I've a thousand stories about life, hunts, shots, catches w/my children, grandchildren & great grandchildren. Girls included as well!
A few months ago, Bryant's beautiful wife and mother of their four children was diagnosed w/cancer. She began chemo soon after with surgery scheduled after Christmas. In God's hands!!!
The first Saturday of September, as he was returning from an early goose season scouting venture, Jon was injured in a truck accident. Bryant was first on the scene and Jon was transported to an ER where emergency surgery was performed for a TBI. Later that night, he was transported to Vanderbilt Trauma ICU. Since, he has progressed and is currently in rehab therapy in Atlanta. In God's time!!!
Folks this is not about my boys, it's about you! If you're not secure in your salvation, don't put it off. Accept Jesus as your Savior, NOW!
What about your boys, girls, grandchildren, hunting and fishing buddies? The grandeur of creation & the quietness of the hunting blind/stand/boat are great places to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. We pride ourselves in teaching them how to shoot, hunt, fish, work hard, speak the truth and live a good life. Let's be sure we teach them to know God and receive His salvation. You, or even worse, they may be the subject of an emergency call.
If you offer a prayer for our family, thanks! But please, please, please take the time to share Jesus with those you love!

lafn96

Prayers for your Grandson and all of your family. I know exactly what you're going through with your Grandson Jon, as my 20 y.o. son was in an accident 3 years ago. ICU for 3 weeks, hospital for 3 months. Physically, he's fine now; but has a pretty severe TBI. I had never prayed so hard in my life.

If you need anything, or just to talk with someone who's been there, message me. I'm also confident that my son would be willing to talk with your Grandson if he wants - depending on the severity of the TBI he will have to learn how to deal with it and I know my son was/is pretty frustrated with it. Maybe they can help each other.

God bless you

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Amen brother! I'm sorry to hear about your grandson. My prayers go out to you and your family! Having a brother suffering from a TBI my heart goes out to you and your family.

Snake

Such a great post ! Will pray for your loved ones sir . Lost one of my grandsons in January of 22 at age 26 and he was my hunting partner. It's something I'll never get over because the wife and I practically raised him and his brothers .

Dear Heavenly Father coming humbly before your mighty throne of grace and mercy asking for one of our own's family mentioned here . Please touch each one that has been mentioned here Father as you know the issues at hand. Nothing and I mean nothing is too big or hard for you ! Please guide those caring for each family member as well as you know what's best . Thank you for listening to this humble prayer and access to your mighty throne . Also Father thank you for all that you do for us although we don't deserve it . Love you and give you all the praise, glory and honor. Asking this petition in the precious mighty name of Jesus Christ our Savior amen .

Latest posts