Juneteenth

Dodge Man

Supporter
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

TNGunsmoke

What city?
Jackson, TN. I've been in IT there for almost 22 years now. And in that time, this is only our third mayor. I'm just doing my job and trying to make it through about 8-10 more years and then see if I can retire. Grand kids will be old enough then to get out with me more often and really enjoy. Not that I don't enjoy my time with them now, but they are 3 and 17 months right now, some some things we just can't do right now.

infoman jr.

I don't know why anyone would have an issue with this apart from our wasted tax dollars. The end of slavery (regardless of who fought for it or championed the idea) is a major milestone in US history. I didn't know until recently that all slavery in the US didn't end with the Emancipation Proclamation but instead two years later. There are plenty of things to be frustrated about; this isn't on my radar.

Wiley

I wonder how many BILLIONS of $$$ this cost us in lost productivity due to all manner of things that were slated to be completed today but now all those people are off work. Government/private sector contracts that will not meet contractual obligations all because a holiday was declared in record time. There are thousands of more important things that the government should have been dealing with.

infoman jr.

I wonder how many BILLIONS of $$$ this cost us in lost productivity due to all manner of things that were slated to be completed today but now all those people are off work. Government/private sector contracts that will not meet contractual obligations all because a holiday was declared in record time. There are thousands of more important things that the government should have been dealing with.
Would you support removing all federal holidays?

poorhunter

I’m a federal employee and we’re all working today and tomorrow. Not sure if we will get paid for the holiday or not. Whether I agree with it being a holiday or not, we should get holiday since it is signed into law.

Crappie Luck

Staff member
'm not necessarly against the Holiday. In fact, I'm surpised we didn't already have some kind of recognition of the end of slavery. Especially given our wallowing in self-loathing.

But the name, It makes no sense and it do not understand the meaning. "Juneteenth?" The could be anything from June 13th-19th. What is it supposed to mean?

And that flag is hideous.

MUP

Supporter
Leftist blacks and those too naive to do research are complaining because the holiday is for whites too.

MLK is rolling over now.
Then they can opt out of President's Day(some were not theirs anyway apparently), and the other 9 "mostly white" holidays. I would say work on those days, but BLM has them protesting most times and keeps them from holding a regular job seems like.

Andy S.

For the federal employees that are idle or not doing much, likely a welcome sight and a great day to be off. For the rest of us who are struggling to keep up with our workload, it is just a PITA, as we are all working today. Only difference for us is we had to change our timesheet from regular work hours to graded holiday pay.