Jumped on the creedmoor train

lungpuncher1

After searching for a donor action to do a build I stumbled on a rem700 adl package deal for $400 in 6.5 creedmoor. Even though i plan to use the action for a build and possibly scrap everything else I'm still going to shoot it as is for fun... unless it shoots great of coarse. Anyone have any experince in the bone stock rem700 adl in 6.5cm? I've got a timney and a greyboe I'm going to use to help give it a boost.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lungpuncher1

Re: Jumped on the creedmoor train

I'm not really too concerned as its going to be a donor action for most likely a 6.5x47 lapua build. But if it shoots good i may keep it as is for a little while until I figure out my build plans 100%

wiles

I have an almost stock 700 adl (put a timney in it) in 7mm mag and it shoots one ragged hole with handloads.

rem270

280longshot":xb5ztwem said:
rem270":xb5ztwem said:
Never have had a bad shooting Remington!

Come on now.... :smash:
Best guns ever made IMO. Although this Tikka 300wsm I just picked up is a sweet feeling gun!! Still love my Remington model 7 better than any gun I've owned. Have had an ADL and BDL also.

280longshot

rem270":1pmz9e44 said:
280longshot":1pmz9e44 said:
rem270":1pmz9e44 said:

Best guns ever made IMO. Although this Tikka 300wsm I just picked up is a sweet feeling gun!! Still love my Remington model 7 better than any gun I've owned. Have had an ADL and BDL also.

Check out the Bergara line of rifles and you'll have a different opinion.

lungpuncher1

280longshot":1g6s14g5 said:
rem270":1g6s14g5 said:
280longshot":1g6s14g5 said:
rem270 said:

Check out the Bergara line of rifles and you'll have a different opinion.
Funny you say that. I just bought a bergara in 7mm mag. Love it. It is nicer than most rem700 and shoots great but it is also 300$ more.

280longshot

Depends on what model Bergara?
A woodsman/timber B14 cost less than a Remington CDL and looks much better and comes with a accuracy guarantee.
The Premier stalker is higher but believe it has a premium stock and better accuracy guarantee.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lungpuncher1

I bought a b14 hunter and put it in a McMillan. Also fluted the bolt, changed the trigger for a timney and changed out that ugly ball for a bolt knob to a teardrop bolt knob.

1afcc3ce3cb80d85b954f694b1a8b980.jpg

jlanecr500

I picked up a couple Savage 12FV varmint rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor from cabelas last month after rebate for $219 plus tax. I bought them for doner actions but decided to work up a 140 Berger VLD Hunter load for one of them. Should have range results Friday evening.

TN Song Dog

jlanecr500":1f39gf93 said:
I picked up a couple Savage 12FV varmint rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor from cabelas last month after rebate for $219 plus tax. I bought them for doner actions but decided to work up a 140 Berger VLD Hunter load for one of them. Should have range results Friday evening.
I picked up one too, same caliber and same deal. I'll look forward to your range report.

Andy S.

lungpuncher1":2krri2y5 said:
I bought a b14 hunter and put it in a McMillan. Also fluted the bolt, changed the trigger for a timney and changed out that ugly ball for a bolt knob to a teardrop bolt knob.
Sweet looking rig you have there, thanks for sharing.

TN Song Dog

lungpuncher1":1i3fasm1 said:

Agree with Andy, that's awesome. About the most ideal hunting rifle setup. I really like the stock with the higher Montecarlo style comb.

Cheek height is a struggle for me on most all standard hunting stocks. When I get a good cheek weld, I see scope shadow. When I don't see any scope shadow, I don't have a solid cheek weld. This is is even the case with 40mm objectives and med/low rings. I have some aftermarket add on and some home made solutions, but I would prefer not to do that.

lungpuncher1

TN Song Dog":1uklyb62 said:
lungpuncher1":1uklyb62 said:

Agree with Andy, that's awesome. About the most ideal hunting rifle setup. I really like the stock with the higher Montecarlo style comb.

Cheek height is a struggle for me on most all standard hunting stocks. When I get a good cheek weld, I see scope shadow. When I don't see any scope shadow, I don't have a solid cheek weld. This is is even the case with 40mm objectives and med/low rings. I have some aftermarket add on and some home made solutions, but I would prefer not to do that.

Thank you. I put it together with making it my dedicated western rig.

The stock is McMillans "McMillan hunter" stock. It really does feel great to shoulder it.

jlanecr500

TN Song Dog":1lxyd2g1 said:
jlanecr500":1lxyd2g1 said:
I picked up one too, same caliber and same deal. I'll look forward to your range report.

140 hunting vld touching the rifling with a coal of 2.890" and 42.1gr H4350, Hornady brass, winchester lrp.
Produced .6 moa accuracy at 120 yards on the 1.329ms node as quick load predicted.
Coal tuning would likely clean it up further.

Latest posts