jugging for catfish question

lockandloaded

been doing alot of jugging lately and been having some luck. but the livers i have been getting here loate are not as tough as the ones in pickwick that i normally use. Does anyone havve any suggestions to keep them ohn the hook better.Alot any one have any tips or favorite bait i should try?

lockandloaded

what just put a peace of the liver in panty hose and hook the hook through the hose?beleive it or not all the cats (Bigger)were on stink bait but the livers were falling of and getting sucked off any other good baits?

ShaneHallum

tie a knot in the pantyhose, put your liver in there, and tie it up..

I've heard of people running a leader thru the pantyhose, and leaving the hook sticking out of the bottom. It gets them back futher in the mouth.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
lockandloaded said:
what just put a peace of the liver in panty hose and hook the hook through the hose?beleive it or not all the cats (Bigger)were on stink bait but the livers were falling of and getting sucked off any other good baits?
beef or calf livers work well and don't fall off.

buckdead

me and my buddy threw out some jugs monday night and tore em up with some catapala worms and blue gill. we caught all our big flat heads on the blue gill. and a bunch of 2 pounder channels on the catapala worms.

D. Pilk

Turkey livers are tougher than chicken livers. You may give them a try. Some guys this week used jugs and loaded the boat using some old deer meat that looked freezer burned.

I think they kept 63.

lockandloaded

great info i am going early in the morning untill about 12 (got to come home and cook ribs)i will let yall know if i have any luck tring a lot of new things but dont have any freezer burn deer meat or any that i want to use for bait yet maybe in another month or so lol

lockandloaded

well it is about 12 at the deepest.we went today and got a mixed bag but they were all small alot of other juggers and boat traffic!

Latest posts