Jon Gruden

D

doolin

I know most people on here don't watch much pro football but Jon reportedly signed a 10/$100 million contract. That's crazy!

R

ronnycl

i guess Tennessee came up short in the offer to obtain Gruden.

D

doolin

that's a theme for the Vols... coming up short

rem270

rem270

Supporter
I like Gruden and hope he does well. Don't blame him for that big of contract. But I think most people make far better commentators than they do coaches and he's one of them.

P

pass-thru

They always say the best way to get a promotion/raise is to leave a business and come back. I think the Raiders may be suffering from nostalgia a bit though. He's a good broadcaster, but he's been out of coaching for 10 years and was fired from his last job after circling the drain for a few years.

Deer Assassin

Deer Assassin

Supporter
rem270":ihzkmd04 said:
I like Gruden and hope he does well. Don't blame him for that big of contract. But I think most people make far better commentators than they do coaches and he's one of them.
ditto

TAFKAP

TAFKAP

ronnycl":y5fgo8zg said:
i guess Tennessee came up short in the offer to obtain Gruden.

I'd rather coach a crappy Raiders team than have to put up with the finicky nature of UT fans.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
rem270":1uocgyx8 said:
I agree 100%.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

K

ktmsmitty

rem270":a4pdh73a said:

Yep agree 100%. He wasn’t a great coach back then. Took over a pretty good Tony Dungy built Tampa team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rem270

rem270

Supporter
ktmsmitty":1l86sv1a said:
rem270":1l86sv1a said:

Yep agree 100%. He wasn’t a great coach back then. Took over a pretty good Tony Dungy built Tampa team.

Yes he fell in at the right time at TB. I will miss him commentating and the qb camps he was doing. I will follow Oakland because of him and hope he does good.

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

rem270":1e7rfsu3 said:
ktmsmitty":1e7rfsu3 said:
rem270":1e7rfsu3 said:

Yes he fell in at the right time at TB. I will miss him commentating and the qb camps he was doing. I will follow Oakland because of him and hope he does good.

I think he will do well at Oakland, they are loaded with talent to start with.
I don't think he was a good match for the Tenn. job.
I agree with you Rem. He is a better commentator than a coach