Jeep Wrangler guru's. Got a question.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Been looking around at Jeeps and have found one in Oklahoma about 1.5 hours from me. It's an 04 with 84k miles and does have a rebuilt title. That part doesn't bother me too much and he says it was totaled out when it was rolled over on its side in a ditch and had some roll cage damage. It happened to the original owner that had it before him. After it was fixed they put a hard top on it and sealed the top. That's my problem with it. Main reason I want a Jeep is to have the doors and top off in the spring and summer. Can I take the top off with it being sealed on and put it back on and off? He said if I did i would have to go back with a soft top. And he says the main reason it was sealed is because the original owner drove long distance to work so had the new top sealed.

Kind of has me leery now that it maybe I couldn't get another top to fit right on it. But just don't know enough about them to know.

Aquaholic

Aquaholic

Ask the seller if the top is still removable ... I've had many Jeeps over the years ... Never heard of one being sealed

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Aquaholic":2r2emmtj said:
Ask the seller if the top is still removable ... I've had many Jeeps over the years ... Never heard of one being sealed

He says if it's removed it'll have to be replaced with a soft top. Just didn't know if that was for sure true or not.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Aquaholic":3l5rritl said:
I'd pass then ...

I think I have already made my mind up to pass. I liked the mileage on it. Just found another one just a year older and 25k more miles but seems to be a better deal and it has a clean title. We'll see.

L

leader

Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pressfit

pressfit

rem270":z0p1b5zc said:
Aquaholic":z0p1b5zc said:
I'd pass then ...

I think I have already made my mind up to pass. I liked the mileage on it. Just found another one just a year older and 25k more miles but seems to be a better deal and it has a clean title. We'll see.
I have a 08 wrangler I'll sell you..

rem270

rem270

Supporter
pressfit":2s9zws9w said:
rem270":2s9zws9w said:
Aquaholic":2s9zws9w said:
I'd pass then ...

Probably out of my price range but what ya got? Been looking between 97-03 models because of price. Just looking for something to take the top and doors off and ride in the spring and summer time. Can't help but give 2 arms, a leg, and a testicle to boot. Them things are high.

S

Stykbow

Definitely pass on that hard top. Jeeps really hold their value. I think it’s because most folks have them as a toy; including me. Good luck in your search.

B

biglefty20

rem270":2qqjx6jb said:
pressfit":2qqjx6jb said:
rem270":2qqjx6jb said:
Aquaholic said:
I'd pass then ...

Probably out of my price range but what ya got? Been looking between 97-03 models because of price. Just looking for something to take the top and doors off and ride in the spring and summer time. Can't help but give 2 arms, a leg, and a testicle to boot. Them things are high.

No doubt!

I’ve thought about selling mine a time or 2 but can’t pull the trigger 99 TJ

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

No way would I buy a vehicle with a rebuilt title. Let alone a vehicle with 4wd. God only knows what could have happened. People will lie all day long to make a sale. Jeep=just empty every pocket.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
2014 JK owner here. Keep on looking and be patient. You will find the one that is right eventually. Like some others have said, stay away from this one. Not crazy about a rebuilt title and the whole "sealed top" thing sounds strange. Never even heard of it.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Dbllunger":2bfyoz1i said:
2014 JK owner here. Keep on looking and be patient. You will find the one that is right eventually. Like some others have said, stay away from this one. Not crazy about a rebuilt title and the whole "sealed top" thing sounds strange. Never even heard of it.
I've been looking on and off for over 6 months or so. Think I ran across a good buy last night. 2003 inline 6 with 118k miles. Older lady has it and has told me all about it and I feel she's been nothing but honest. She has taken the doors off but will not take the soft top off because she was afraid it would stretch lol. Hopefully this will work out.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
rem270":3435527a said:
Dbllunger":3435527a said:
I've been looking on and off for over 6 months or so. Think I ran across a good buy last night. 2003 inline 6 with 118k miles. Older lady has it and has told me all about it and I feel she's been nothing but honest. She has taken the doors off but will not take the soft top off because she was afraid it would stretch lol. Hopefully this will work out.

Sounds good, let us know if it works out.

L

leader

rem270":d6pr7v37 said:
Dbllunger":d6pr7v37 said:

You ever watch Andy Griffith!!!!

J/k

Good luck....

pressfit

pressfit

rem270":3cs5oztb said:
Been looking around at Jeeps and have found one in Oklahoma about 1.5 hours from me. It's an 04 with 84k miles and does have a rebuilt title. That part doesn't bother me too much and he says it was totaled out when it was rolled over on its side in a ditch and had some roll cage damage. It happened to the original owner that had it before him. After it was fixed they put a hard top on it and sealed the top. That's my problem with it. Main reason I want a Jeep is to have the doors and top off in the spring and summer. Can I take the top off with it being sealed on and put it back on and off? He said if I did i would have to go back with a soft top. And he says the main reason it was sealed is because the original owner drove long distance to work so had the new top sealed.

Kind of has me leery now that it maybe I couldn't get another top to fit right on it. But just don't know enough about them to know.
121600 miles v6 auto new top $13k

Attachments

• IMG_1982.PNG
    IMG_1982.PNG
    61.2 KB · Views: 576
rem270

rem270

Supporter
Dbllunger":2pc7dtel said:
rem270":2pc7dtel said:
Dbllunger":2pc7dtel said:

Sounds good, let us know if it works out.
Made the 2 hour drive for this one this past Saturday. 2003 with the 4.0 v6, 5 speed. 119k miles. Super clean inside and out especially for the year. The couple that had it were very nice and I feel were honest about everything.T It has the notorious rear main seal leak that Jeeps get but I have an appointment to get it fixed already. Wasn't going to worry with it but can't stand knowing it's there. If it wasn't in such good of shape I may not worry with it but I have to get it fixed for my sake. 4" lift with new wheels and Cooper Discovery A/T 33's with only 4k miles on them.

Attachments

• 20171216_135513_resized.jpg
    20171216_135513_resized.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 498
  • 20171216_135532_resized.jpg
    20171216_135532_resized.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 20171216_155358_resized.jpg
    20171216_155358_resized.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 504
Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Sweet looking rig! Now it's going to get really expensive. New bumpers, winch, etc. You'll see. Start working on your Jeep wave.

There is a great Wrangler forum with lots of good folks and great information

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Dbllunger":tgzggvug said:
Sweet looking rig! Now it's going to get really expensive. New bumpers, winch, etc. You'll see. Start working on your Jeep wave.

There is a great Wrangler forum with lots of good folks and great information

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Lol I ordered some step bars for it Saturday night. With that lift you have to jump in and fall out without them. May add a winch and light bar eventually. There's a shop here in town that works primarily on Jeeps (lifts, rebuilds, lights, winches, etc) so I'm sure I'll be adding stuff.