Ivory/Horn

Yotehntr

Seems to be a bit slow here... thought I'd show another to ya'll... I had a young fella suggest this combo a while back... it's a Hippo Ivory barrel, with a Buffalo Horn bead. I "scrim" the accent lines in... cut a small groove and then pen them in with India Ink. Both pieces are carrying my CA finish, buffed and polished to a very high gloss... What do ya'll think of the combo?
9-5-11-008.jpg

9-5-11-013.jpg

9-5-11-009.gif
9-5-11r2.gif

Yotehntr

I sold that one for $200 I have one up for sale now... it isn't Ivory though... here's a quick pic of it. I won't post it in 2 places for sale but you can go to the site I'm selling it at by clicking on the pic...

Stabilized Oak burl barrel with an Elk antler bead, the toneboard (mouth piece) is antler also.

DaveB

Yotehntr-
You have my highest respect sir, you are a real artist. Those calls are beautiful. Works of art. I am amazed.

Ever try Arbor Vitae?

Yotehntr

Thank you! I had never heard of it before Dave. I did a "google" search and found it as an evergreen? In the pics I found the wood looked similar to pine... (did I find the right thing?) I know sometimes several different woods can carry the same name.. (like "ironwood"... there are 3 I know of right off hand) sometimes several different names for 1

I normally try not to use evergreens... I have used them before though... they're softer and splinter. If someone asks for something like that I just cut it close to dimension and sand to my normal sizes. lol keeps me from losing a few to the trash can. ;)

Brad

Latest posts