• Help Support TNDeer:

It's NOT the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

MUP

Well, the powers that be, and that own interest in the franchise, have taken the Peanuts movies and have now made them exclusively stream-watch. AppleTV now will have the Peanuts classic movies streaming, and we'll not be able to watch, nor our children, the classics thru the holidays as we once did on regular television. This makes me kinda sad.

Kevin

you can watch it on youtube in 3ish minute clips. That is what we did this year, I think there was only like 1-2 commercials throughout the whole show.

Pic IN the Casa

No worries though, this year CBS has made a 'binary social justice nondenominational' celebration cartoon for kids.

In it, the main character, Charlene (formally Charlie) and his...er...her friends decide that pumpkins should ALL be destroyed. Why? Well, they're orange. And orange man is bad.
They smash windows and loot the city all while carrying pre-made signs with catchy phrases on them.

MUP

I think we have a DVD set of them somewhere, but it has always just been part of the holiday tradition to watch them, any and all of them, when the corresponding holiday came around. Sad.

Pennywise67

I think we have a DVD set of them somewhere, but it has always just been part of the holiday tradition to watch them, any and all of them, when the corresponding holiday came around. Sad.
I know what you mean. Even though we own them we still sat down when they came on TV and watched them together.

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Apple purchased the broadcast rights to it. Nothing underhanded going on here, Just capitalism in a new, online world

MUP

It's not that capitalism that I'm fighting, it's the "online world" that keeps requiring new programs to view anything, basically pay MORE to view programs as I see it. :(

Crappie Luck

Staff member
It's not that capitalism that I'm fighting, it's the "online world" that keeps requiring new programs to view anything, basically pay MORE to view programs as I see it. :(
yea, that sucks. We had the CBS "all access" and 1/2 the shows required CBS Premium". All we really wanted was "Picard" so when the season was over, so was our date with CBS.

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.