Its dead in the East

TeamMainStreet

I have only been out four times and only once on a morning hunt which is this morning. I came to a farm that I know holds birds. So far out of all four hunts I have seen 1 longbeard that I couldnt get in, 2 jakes that I could have cleaned house on but just wouldnt pull the trigger and a handfull of hens. I have heard exactly 1 gobble since last season so far and im getting ready to shut it down for a few days. It just aint workin out right now. Hows everybody else in East Tn doing?

droptine

i killed 2 the first weekend but this past weekend was exactly what you experienced. Henned up pretty bad

A

Anonymous

Been on "several" gobbling turkeys all week in South Cherokee. Henned up pretty good, but still plenty killable. Be glad when it greens up a little. Been hard to move on turkeys. Had to move on one yesterday five different times before finally killing 'em at 1:45. Two year old that must have gobbled at least 75 times.

SignalG

Not a gobble in the last three days in areas where I reliably hear birds. Very little sign in the usual places. One jake came in silently Saturday afternoon, let him walk. Picked a cuttin fight with a hen and couldn't get her off the ridge next to mine today. Was hopin she'd lead old Tom. Did shoot a coyote this morning. So far, the season not what I was hoping for.

shopson

Every morning out so far I've heard enough gobbling to find the birds but sparse shortly after flydown. Yep, they have a lot of hens but to be expected.

TeamMainStreet

SignalG said:
Not a gobble in the last three days in areas where I reliably hear birds. Very little sign in the usual places. One jake came in silently Saturday afternoon, let him walk. Picked a cuttin fight with a hen and couldn't get her off the ridge next to mine today. Was hopin she'd lead old Tom. Did shoot a coyote this morning. So far, the season not what I was hoping for.

That's my season almost word for word. I am seeing a few hens and jakes and some sign, but I am not hearing or seeing any toms. It's like there possibly aren't any, but there has always been a few in these places. IDK

Ckirk4bama

I'm in north Hamilton county opening weekend they where gobbling some, this past weekend I heard one very brief gobble and that was it out of three days in the woods very frustrating.

PinchPoint

Every time Ive been out they have gobbled real good, with the exception of this morning. Only problem Ive had is them being henned up, that being said , between me and my buddy 5 gobblers got pulled away from hens and slammed in the face.