It will hit it today

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
In just a little over a week from hitting 25,000 it will hit 26,000 this morning. If it closes the day below 26,000 that will be profit taking but it will come back up.

Think about it, 1,000 points in a little over a week. The Federal Govt could shut down Friday, NAFA is still up in the air wither to scrape it and start over or keep it like it is, Hawaii got a real scare thinking nuclear missiles were heading their way and the treat is real from NK. Trump and the Democrats are at odds on everything. Plus all the other problems. Any other time in history any of those things could shake the market. Guess what? The market doesn't care, they see sunshine.

280longshot

280longshot

Thats good maybe I'll be rich one day...NOT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
280longshot":2jw8slfd said:
Thats good maybe I'll be rich one day...NOT.

The Stock market is just one measure. Everyone benefits from a strong economy.

DaveB

DaveB

I have two 401K investments. One is making my eyes water. The urge to bail out and realize my gains is pretty strong. We are not talking pocket change.

The other one has increased in value 50% since June of 2016 and is continuing to climb. This one has a get out order but we are so far past that number I think I will change that up a bit.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
If it were only the stock market that was performing well I would be worried, but there are many indicators that the economy is in great shape. Unemployment is at a 15 year low, both consumer and industry confidence is very high, Median income on a per capita basis has never been higher in the history of America, Our GDP is above 3% for the first time in almost 10 years(and projected to reach 4%), New home sales are at a 10 year high. There just isn't any indication that the markets are artificially inflated. I do expect a bit of a correction because it tends to happen after a period of increase...but I suspect it will fall 100-200 points then gain that back within a month. I ain't scared...let it ride.

280longshot

280longshot

DaveB":221xnllk said:
I have two 401K investments. One is making my eyes water. The urge to bail out and realize my gains is pretty strong. We are not talking pocket change.

The other one has increased in value 50% since June of 2016 and is continuing to climb. This one has a get out order but we are so far past that number I think I will change that up a bit.
Yep that 401K looks good, you deserve it. I have a long way to go before retiring, hopefully I'll be rich like you Dave!

DaveB

DaveB

When you grow up stealing coal to stay warm my 401K does look pretty nice.

I am a long way from being financially rich.

I won't have to work the boulevard and for that I am grateful.

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
Wildcat":yjj45vea said:
In just a little over a week from hitting 25,000 it will hit 26,000 this morning. If it closes the day below 26,000 that will be profit taking but it will come back up.

Think about it, 1,000 points in a little over a week. The Federal Govt could shut down Friday, NAFA is still up in the air wither to scrape it and start over or keep it like it is, Hawaii got a real scare thinking nuclear missiles were heading their way and the treat is real from NK. Trump and the Democrats are at odds on everything. Plus all the other problems. Any other time in history any of those things could shake the market. Guess what? The market doesn't care, they see sunshine.

Spot on....AMAZING what confidents in those running the country will do and in a leader who uses common sense

dr

dr

Economy is booming :party: , And NYT still won't show stock gains on the front page.