ISO Spot for Youth Hunt

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
Looking like I should be free on Youth Hunt Saturday, and have a kid or three from the church youth group who are Hunter Safety certified and looking to kill a first (or second, third) deer. Last year, thanks to BigLefty20's generosity, one of our young guys got his first and second deer only seconds apart. Man, what a memory, and his entire family came out to meet him! This year I'm going to try to get his brother out there for a chance at his first deer.

I don't want to come off as a beggar, but I hunt WMA land myself, and just wondered if someone had a spot where they were pretty confident of seeing deer, and would enjoy helping a young hunter connect. If not, no worries, we're still going to try it at the WMA, and with a little luck, we'll get some blood on our hands, and have to pass on a knife. (I try to hand a knife over to someone who gets their first deer while hunting together. It makes for a cool keepsake)

catman529

catman529

You know the WMA fields, they are great at the end of season, especially if it's cold. If I am home that weekend which I should be, might could bring em to my place

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

If you were not so far you are welcome to hunt here.Lot of deer.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
If the late season WMA fields are fairly productive, that'd be fine. Like I said, I don't want to push into anyone's place, just want to hook a kid up.

Actually, if you've done that before, you know there's a pretty dang good buzz that comes with it, so maybe it's 50% selfish :D

Thanks, GTC, for the thought. Years ago I spent a week in Tazewell on a mission trip working on the home of an elderly blind woman up in the hills. I recall you had a good Sonic.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
biglefty20":1enm6pr8 said:
Keith you know better.. send me a text and we can work something out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I know you were very generous with Cole last year, but I don't want to keep banging on your door and wear you out. The primary hunter I'm going to try and hook up this year is Cole's older brother, though, so that could be kind of cool.

Uh-Oh, just did some math and research, and Ian is now an old man of 17 and ineligible! Looks like Cole may be up to bat again!