Is Walmart running everything now?

Layne

Well let me say this before I continue, I procrastinated and did not purchase my license before this weekend so that's on me.

But, I tried online Friday and got and error so I assumed they may have had system problems so decided just try again this morning before leaving. Still got an error this AM so I jotted down the TWRA number it said to call if there were problems with purchasing online.

When I got to my hunting site I went ahead and made the call, the lady answered took my info and said... that's weired, it gave me an error. I told her I had received the same error, something about invalid customer type. She messed around trying somethings then said she would speak with her supervisor. She said the error was because they had me as a non resident. Why they had that she didn't know and I have no clue, I've had a TN license for 30 something years. They had my correct address, my correct drivers license number and all but still as a non resident. Then she springs it on me that she can't fix it, that her supervisor told her that I would have to go to Walmart to get it fixed... WHAT?

I said I called the TWRA didn't I, she said yes but we can't change the info... WHAT?

So, the nearest Walmart is 30 minutes one way and it is now around 06:30. So I elect to leave the gun in the truck and just go listen for birds so I'll have an idea where to hunt next week... of course I heard no less than 10 birds gobbling their heads off on the roost and all I could do was listen... At 08:00 I went to a local store and after another long episode of "it gives me an error" the lady was able to contact the vendor that admins the license machine and they were able to correct the error. I was back in the woods by 08:30 but by then the birds had hushed and I was only able to call up 4 jakes.

Now I work in the computer admin field and I realize the problems you can have with computers, I deal with them everyday but at no time would I send someone to a third party to correct a problem with one of my systems. I understand they contract out but they, the TWRA or their contractors, should have the ability to correct problems with the purchase of their product. :mad:

Walmart, they must be running everything now...

Well hopefully I'll have better luck next week... congrates to all the guys and girls that got their bird today. :cool:

Layne

It's the 1(888) number if there are problems purchasing online. The regional office was closed.

REN

i am going to guess you called he number that sent you to the help desk of the company that handles the sales and customer support for the TWRA. that is the same company that does the same stuff for MS and AR among a few others.

I imagine the girl had no idea what she is talking about HOWEVER i do know that they (Active Outdoors) cannot change your customer from a non res to a res without TWRA approval. The easiest way is for you to go to an actual vendor so they can see proof of your residency and update it by doing the sale on the actual machine not over the internet. She prob should not have said walmart so thats on her but any vendor could have done the same thing. I am 99.9% positive you didnt actually speak to the TWRA.

Layne

I'm sure I didn't speak with the TWRA, my problem is with the fact that TWRA website gives that number as a number to contact if you are having problems with the online purchase and then they really can not help.
I'm thinking if Joe's bait-shop can get the information corrected then the number the TWRA gives should be able to do the same thing.
Ultimately the TWRA is responsible for license sales and customer service, regardless if they choose to outsource the work.

It's just puzzling that they have all the correct information that shows I'm a resident but their software allows me to still be shown as a non resident without a non resident address...

Oh well, it's done now, hopefully it will not get messed up again.

Thanks for the info.