Is the U.N. fulfilling ancient biblical prophecy?

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Is the U.N. fulfilling ancient biblical prophecy?

Friday, December 22, 2017
|
Dr. Michael L. Brown - Guest Columnist
http://www.askdrbrown.org/

Michael BrownAfter watching the last 2,500 years of history, coupled with the U.N.'s anti-Jerusalem vote on Thursday, it's hard to read the Bible and think that the writers just guessed things right.

On December 21, 2017, the U.N. united as one to stand against one city on the planet: Jerusalem. Twenty-five centuries earlier, the prophet Zechariah wrote these words from the Lord: "I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle." (Zech. 14:2) Did the U.N. just move us one step closer to fulfilling this ancient prophecy?

Before answering this question, let's look at the events on the ground.

First, the U.N. once again distinguished itself for hypocrisy by targeting Israel for its criticism – specifically, America's support of Israel – while remaining silent on so many issues of world importance.

What has the U.N. been doing during the horrific war in Syria? Where has the U.N. been during the attempted genocide of Christians in the Middle East? Decades earlier, what did the U.N. have to say about Tiananmen Square in China or Saddam Hussein's chemical warfare against the Kurds? Yet when America recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, the U.N. is in an uproar.

As I noted previously, groups like UNWatch.org have documented the U.N.'s consistent policy of singling out Israel for rebuke and condemnation while virtually ignoring atrocities committed on a mass scale by other nations, including Israel's neighbors.

To give one case in point, during the U.N. General Assembly's 61st session (2006-2007), "the time spent by ambassadors on enacting the 22nd anti-Israel resolution of the year was time not spent on passing a single resolution on Sudan's genocide in Darfur."

So, while Sudanese Christians were being slaughtered en masse by Muslim soldiers and gangs, the U.N. General Assembly spent its time enacting 22 anti-Israel resolutions.

In 2015, as noted by Israeli journalist Noga Gur-Arieh, "At the closing of the 59th U.N. Commission on the Status of Women ... only one political resolution was passed; one that accuses Israel of mistreating Palestinian women, in all aspects of life."

A similar resolution was passed in 2016 by the same U.N. commission.

So, of all the nations on earth, only Israel was singled out for its alleged mistreatment of women.

That's why Abba Eban, Israel's legendary diplomat, once remarked: "If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions."

Second, in anticipation of the U.N. vote, the United States handled things exactly as it should have: with a strong word of rebuke and warning.

After all, different international leaders did not simply call President Trump and say, "We strongly differ with your recognition of Jerusalem." Instead, in the most public forum available, 128 nations stood together to condemn America for doing was what right and righteous, declaring our decision "null and void."

Nikki Haley's words to the U.N. before the vote said it all:

"To its shame, the United Nations has long been a hostile place for the state of Israel. Both the current and the previous Secretary-Generals have objected to the U.N.'s disproportionate focus on Israel. It's a wrong that undermines the credibility of this institution, and that in turn is harmful for the entire world."

Good for you, Mrs. Haley. Call the U.N. on the carpet.

Then, after articulating all the good our country does around the world, along with its support for the U.N., she rebuked the U.N. for disrespecting America, saying:

"The United States will remember this day in which it was singled out for attack in the General Assembly for the very act of exercising our right as a sovereign nation. We will remember it when we are called upon to once again make the world's largest contribution to the United Nations, and so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit."

And finally:

"America will put our embassy in Jerusalem. That is what the American people want us to do and it is the right thing to do. This vote will make a difference in how Americans look at the U.N. And this vote will be remembered."

Here, here, Ambassador Haley!

Third, the seven nations that stood with Israel and America today are a most unusual group, consisting of Guatemala, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Togo, and Palau. Honestly, now, how many of us heard of some of these countries before? And how many of us could locate some of them on the map?

Whether it was out of economic dependence on the USA, a connection to Israel, or something else, these nations should be remembered for good in the days to come. They did what was courageous and correct.

As for the countries that abstained (35 in all), two (the Czech Republic and the Philippines) already stated they are considering relocating their embassies; a number of African nations have developed solid ties with Israel; some might have considered their need for American dollars; and others might have remembered Israel's kindness to them (such as Mexico, which was greatly aided by Israel after their disastrous earthquake in September, although Mexico did use its floor time to speak critically).

Already, "U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley invited representatives of countries who didn't vote in favor of the United Nations General Assembly's Jerusalem resolution to a reception as 'thank you for your friendship to the United States.'"

Donald Trump has always appreciated loyalty.

But what of the matter of ancient prophecy? Is there a connection between the U.N.'s vote and the Bible?

I would say yes, for at least three reasons:
1.The vote confirms international hostility towards a Jewish Jerusalem.
2.The vote reminds us that the biblical authors were inspired when predicting that an end-time coalition of nations would come against a Jewish Jerusalem.
3.The vote tells us that, just as Scripture indicates, the city of Jerusalem alone is the whole world's business (see Zech. 12:3).

Of course, this does not set a time frame for a united attack on a Jewish Jerusalem, and we don't know if "all nations" (in the words of Zechariah) means every nation on earth or simply a worldwide coalition. But, after watching the last 2,500 years of history, coupled with the U.N.'s anti-Jerusalem vote this week, it's hard to read the Bible and think that the writers just guessed things right. What are the chances of that?

https://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives ... aign=32290

L

larry ipock

I would not say no. Might be the "making Jerusalem a cup of trembling" the Bible speaks of.

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

MUP":btygv23e said:
I'm of the mind that everything is fulfilling prophecy actually.

I would have to be agree with this^^^^^^^

W

WGK

I am with you Mup. Sure looks like things are lining up to me.

D

Deer Whisperer

Prophecy or not...
The main problem is Islam. These other countries are supporting the Palestinians. If they ever get their own country / state / territory. ... they want Jerusalem to be the capital of "Palestine" or whatever they will call it.

B

buckaroo

I wonder sometimes why God himself turned against his people, during the holecaust?

WTM

WTM

Supporter
buckaroo":3bcp4wa2 said:
I wonder sometimes why God himself turned against his people, during the holecaust?

GOD never turned against them and we cannot pretend to understand why he let it happen but we can see the results. a stronger nation of Israel that began their trek back home and surviving the Nazi’s themselves was a pure miracle from God. i am certain that God was their with them during their suffering.

B

buckaroo

God didn’t?? Explain, letting 6 million of his people suffer till death while they all prayed for help, not even a whisper

D

DRSJ35

God was with the united states and the jewsish people.When he led us in to battle to destroy Hitler and the communist's.If the US wouldn't have got involved more people would have died.How many people has our great country liberated from evil.The answer is a whole lot of people.We will stand with Israel cause we are on the right side of history.

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

buckaroo":146x38qo said:
God didn’t?? Explain, letting 6 million of his people suffer till death while they all prayed for help, not even a whisper

Very simple answer (I’m making this a very condensed version)
Satan is attempting to make God a liar by killing off the Jewish nation. God made promises to the Jewish nation over the course of history. While many of those promises have been fulfilled by God toward Israel, a few promises have not. If Satan managed to kill off the entire Jewish nation then God couldn’t fulfill His promises to them, thus making God a liar. This is Satan’s accusation towards God...that a loving God couldn’t possibly be a just God and sentence His creations (non believing man and fallen angels) to eternity in hell. Satan doesn’t think that the two character traits of God, love and justice, can coincide together. (Reference “The Angelic Conflict” by R.B. Thieme). The Holocaust wasn’t Satan’s first attempt to commit genocide on the Jews. In the days of King Ahasuerus his second in command, Haman, attempted the same thing but was not successful. King Ahasuerus is probably the same person as King Xerxes of Persia. This would make sense given the timeframe of the Babylonian invasion of Israel under King Nebecanesur in the 6th century BC. (Reference Jeremiah 17) the difference in God stoping the genocide then vs. Him not stoping it when Hitler attempted is Israel loosing its client nation status after the third and final diaspora.
Israel went out as a client nation in 70AD when the Roman Empire leveled Jerusalem. This judgement was leveled against them after the rejection and execution of the Lord Jesus Christ. This was the 3rd and final time that the 5th cycle of discipline would be administered to the Jewish people. This is when the “mystery doctrine” that Paul spoke of was implemented. It was the change in dispensations from the age of Israel to the church age. God didn’t sit back and do nothing while Hitler annihilated Jews. He warned them for thousands and thousands of years as to what would happen if they disobeyed His commands...even after they disobeyed he still preserved them...I would say that’s Him doing something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

buckaroo

I don’t see it that way. Sounds like Satan is more powerful thanGod if this is the way you see it

B

buckaroo

I can’t imagine an almighty putting his creation in misery for eternity, this is a threat tactic. That a living would not use, I certainly wouldn’t

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

buckaroo":3lj9x3df said:
I can’t imagine an almighty putting his creation in misery for eternity, this is a threat tactic. That a living would not use, I certainly wouldn’t

Not a threat tactic. Result of perfect integrity expressed in perfect justice. If you break the law there are consequences. According to your thought process here there should be no punishment for breaking the law.

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

buckaroo":1lyyvpko said:
I don’t see it that way. Sounds like Satan is more powerful thanGod if this is the way you see it

Negative sir. If Satan were more powerful than God then he would have succeeded in killing off all the Jews.

Snake

Snake

buckaroo":xppanpvb said:

God's will - Bank on it , bet on it but it will be done !! God gives mankind a choice sir , choose this day whom you are going to serve . My prayer would be that you choose God through His son and my friend all you have to do is believe .

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Snake":1b4yyh4n said:
buckaroo":1b4yyh4n said:

God's will - Bank on it , bet on it but it will be done !! God gives mankind a choice sir , choose this day whom you are going to serve . My prayer would be that you choose God through His son and my friend all you have to do is believe .

Where's a 'LIKE' button when you need one.