Is the good, bad, decent?

nate17

Got a friend that shoots same gun, same tube but the smaller diam. And 6 shot. It throws a pattern like ur first one out into the lower 50s.

TheAirMan

Well here's an update. I got my new sights and installed them. I took 4 different loads to try today. I shot regular shells to get my sights right. I still had to tweak them after I started the turkey shells. This is the best out of the ones I tried. Winchester Supreme High Velocity 3.5" 2oz 6 shot @40 yards. It still may not be the best but it's a lot better & I'm going to go with it this year anyway.

turkey.jpg

knightrider

TheAirMan said:
Well here's an update. I got my new sights and installed them. I took 4 different loads to try today. I shot regular shells to get my sights right. I still had to tweak them after I started the turkey shells. This is the best out of the ones I tried. Winchester Supreme High Velocity 3.5" 2oz 6 shot @40 yards. It still may not be the best but it's a lot better & I'm going to go with it this year anyway.

turkey.jpg
that is great for lead at 40 i wouldnt change a thing

Brad C.

knightrider said:
you really do need to use a big sheet of paper or cardboard to see what the rest of the patteren looks like , what hit your turkey paper may not be the most dense part of your patteren. hopefully the new sights will work better for you

I can't emphasize that enough. It sems simple eonough, but this is the biggest mistake a lot of guys will do. You got to shoot big pieces of paper or cardboard to see what really is going on with your pattern. If you don't, then your not getting the whole picture.

mr.big

that WW HV 2 ounce #6 is all I use now,,Hastings .675 choke,,it took me a while to get the pattern centered also..but it is wicked nasty when you do.

Latest posts