Is anybody familiar with the R-25?

DaveB

DaveB

link is bad.

The R-25 is a Remington AR-10. Looks mean. Standard 308 caliber, 20 inch barrel, 1:10 twist.

List price from Remmie is $1697.00
Looks like retail is going to be around 1300

Seems like, just guessing here, the magazine is in compliance with the AR-10 standard which means Magpul magazines are available for spit.

Weird, my Son has a friend who wants an AR-10 and he was asking about the Savage equivalent. I will spin his head to this one.

mr.big

mr.big

it is a very nice rifle,,if you can do without the green camo the DPMS LR 308 is the exact same gun ,,and the R15 is a green Bushmaster,,

my older brother has the DPMS in 6.5 Creedmoor and it shoots as good as most Rem 700 varmint rifles,,if the camo finish is worth the extra money get the R25 but if you like black you can save some money by getting the same rifle from DPMS.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

mr.big":hjy7iz8g said:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Dpms+308+

same rifle.
Many of the rifles in your link are the new Gen 2 (GII) which is a totally different animal. I would definitely recommend the GII over an LR-308.

There is a R25 GII which is a great gun, but there have been very few released at this point.

mr.big

mr.big

infoman jr.":3iwx1zst said:
Many of the rifles in your link are the new Gen 2 (GII) which is a totally different animal. I would definitely recommend the GII over an LR-308.

There is a R25 GII which is a great gun, but there have been very few released at this point.

the Rem and DPMS with the same specs are the same rifles though arent they,, at least thats what I was told and wouldnt want to mislead anyone,,

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

mr.big":1h4gvoxv said:
infoman jr.":1h4gvoxv said:

the Rem and DPMS with the same specs are the same rifles though arent they,, at least thats what I was told and wouldnt want to mislead anyone,,
That's correct, however the LR-308 (Gen 1) of any brand is very different than a DPMS or Remington GII. The DPMS and Remington GII share the same fundamental design, but there are some non-critical components or design features that are unique to each to differentiate them.

There are also several companies that are licensing (and a few that are outright knocking off) the design to sell their own GII.

mr.big

mr.big

the one my brother has is the SASS 6.5 CM with a Mark 4 16X Leupold and it is an excellent shooter,,I would have to ask him if it is a I or II ..but it shoots the 123 Scenar and the 130 AR Hybird both very very well..

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

mr.big":125lxctn said:
the one my brother has is the SASS 6.5 CM with a Mark 4 16X Leupold and it is an excellent shooter,,I would have to ask him if it is a I or II ..but it shoots the 123 Scenar and the 130 AR Hybird both very very well..
It would be a I. We haven't released a 6.5CM in the GII...yet.

Wyoming Arms is making a GII in 6.5CM though.