Interesting find

Biggun4214

Biggun4214

I have a hand written copy of the deed to my Mom's farm. The deed was for my grandparents farm (Mom's parents), written by my Grandpa (Dad's dad) in 1941. Pretty cool piece of memorabilia.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Those kinds of things are really interesting to me as well. During the defense of our property lines where my family has lived for years, I had in hand an old, hand written deed dated back in 1855, for 4555 acres!

Ladys man

Ladys man

MUP":1nsssgbh said:
Those kinds of things are really interesting to me as well. During the defense of our property lines where my family has lived for years, I had in hand an old, hand written deed dated back in 1855, for 4555 acres!

Wow that’s really cool

edtcase

edtcase

I have a receipt from 1886 when my grandparents bought furniture for their house. After my parents passing, I have some of that very furniture now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pressfit

pressfit

MUP":3pc3mup1 said:
4555 acres.... I can't fathom that..

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Kimber45":2qbyjup7 said:
Very interesting find..

MUP, dang! 4555 acres!

It was from a land grant best I could find out. It has been divided up and sold between family members over and over and over again since, and my grandparents ended up with about 150+ acres by the time I came along. Best I can recount, some of it was sold for just a few dollars an acre, while some was just given away to do away with the aggravation of tending to it. :shock:

Oh, and it's where I hunt till this day. ;)

Kimber45

Kimber45

MUP":rdmlxibn said:
Kimber45":rdmlxibn said:
Very interesting find..

MUP, dang! 4555 acres!

It was from a land grant best I could find out. It has been divided up and sold between family members over and over and over again since, and my grandparents ended up with about 150+ acres by the time I came along. Best I can recount, some of it was sold for just a few dollars an acre, while some was just given away to do away with the aggravation of tending to it. :shock:

Oh, and it's where I hunt till this day. ;)

Glad you ended up with some of it bud..!