Insurance on Rfiles/glass

DaveB

I was reminded today that I need to do something about insurance on my firearms to include glass.

My current rider has a cap and the policy is expensive.

I know I am over the cap and my only choice is to get another policy.

What are you folks doing???

Looking for suggestions for a solution.....

TNRifleman

I have a rider on my policy.

My understanding, per my agent, is that the glass is covered under the general homeowners portion. Either way I am more than covered.

I also have something like $2500 coverage for free through my NRA membership.

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
TNRifleman":1uyjsdmx said:

My understanding, per my agent, is that the glass is covered under the general homeowners portion. Either way I am more than covered.

Most insurance companies consider firearm accessories, such as scopes, under the firearm provision of the policy. Most firearm provisions are quite low, $2000-$5000.

I also have a rider, which is quite costly but it gives me peace of mind considering the total cost of my collection.

TNRifleman

markwondi":wgcpv3i4 said:
TNRifleman":wgcpv3i4 said:

Most insurance companies consider firearm accessories, such as scopes, under the firearm provision of the policy. Most firearm provisions are quite low, $2000-$5000.

I also have a rider, which is quite costly but it gives me peace of mind considering the total cost of my collection.

I think I will email my agent tomorrow to get his word in writing. What he tells me is one thing, getting it in writing will be better if I ever have to use it. I can't find in either policy where it is specifically broken out.

Latest posts