Installing fish finder on job boat

Moonman

I'm getting a new fish finder for Christmas. I was hoping to get ideas for mounting it in the jon boat I just got. It's a garmin 7 inch unit and was looking for some ideas. I plan on using it at the stern as it's a tiller motor and I'm changing out the trolling motor to my minn Kota power drive that is remote control and figured driving it from the back will be easiest.

towboatguy

If you look at the front starboard (right corner) of my boat you can see my piranha Max with down imaging. I do a lot of crappie fishing and I have it set up where I can run my troller and scan the bottom and structures with it while searching for fish. The transducer is mounted on the stern and I ran the wiring through waterproof conduit in the ribs of the boat. Sorry for the bad pic, I don't have any of it in action but I like this set up quite a bit. Of course it only shows me what's behind me but that's not a bit deal to me at all. I fish slow and methodical

towboatguy

If you look at the front starboard (right corner) of my boat you can see my piranha Max with down imaging. I do a lot of crappie fishing and I have it set up where I can run my troller and scan the bottom and structures with it while searching for fish. The transducer is mounted on the stern and I ran the wiring through waterproof conduit in the ribs of the boat. Sorry for the bad pic, I don't have any of it in action but I like this set up quite a bit. Of course it only shows me what's behind me but that's not a bit deal to me at all. I fish slow and methodical

Attachments

• 0DBFB47A-AE60-4A90-8F1F-F4931624ABD3.jpeg
    0DBFB47A-AE60-4A90-8F1F-F4931624ABD3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121

Grnwing

You can buy a kit that will have a plastic puck($30) that will attached to the transom with epoxy and mount the transducer to it. Works pretty slick,

Crow Terminator

I have a transducer arm for my kayak. It attaches to any rail track system and folds up/down for deployment. I am going to install a gear track on my jon boat and just use the transducer arm mount that I already have. I figured that would be the easiest and give me the cleanest image.

Latest posts