Income tax time again

Paul Burns

Question for those in the know.
I filled out the long form for years. Things got a little more complicated and I started using a tax service.
Now I still use the tax service and was told that likely it would be cheaper and easier to just go back to the short form and do it myself.
I have good health insurance and medicine insurance, home paid for no interest to deduct, and average otherwise.
What is the verdict.--thanks in advance. ole Oaul

bushhog

I use Turbo Tax Delux, simple and straight forward questions. Never had any problems. But if you have Rentals or some of the special case issues you may want to use another service. I have no deductions so the short form is the best in my case.

Bowdacious

You have no need for the long form if you have no real deductions. I use the free Turbo Tax but I can do it on the form and get the exact same numbers.

ferg

You can file your short form free most places - taxact.com etc -

yea - if your deducts are not more than the standard deduct then yea - unless you have dividends or stock sales etc -

Hunter 257W

Do it yourself on paper and it's free regardless of the form you use. Sounds like you have a simple straightforward situtation anyway. Why pay to get to pay taxes?

Latest posts