In California but like it in here

TACTICAL66

Quick story... I had a IN gunsmith hang up on me the other day. Found him on YouTube and wanted to help him technically on his mirror image videos. I complemented him on his knowledge of certain rare muzzle loaders and thought the conversation was going OK. I'm a friendly guy, but 1) he called me a cheapskate, and 2) basically faulted me for the State in which I reside. I said don't blame your fellow brother (and sister) California shooters for our politicians. He said don't ever call him again. Weird. Maybe he just had constipation that day. So please don't look down on a fellow shooter especially if he's not in TN or other state.
I found the forum due to item I was looking for that was being discussed here.
I'm in the laser business and have several customers in the firearms business. As a shooter, I expanded my business into firearms accessories selling cast shotgun slugs, and buck shot. I have sold Holosun sights as well as See All Open Sights and custom pop-up polymer sights for AR. We have a CO2 laser engraver and have supported shooters with that over the years. I post some classifieds soon when they allow me. I did make a small donation and will gladly kick in $5 as items sell. Happy to answer any laser tech questions and shoot me any engraving requests. 30 years in laser/ high tech fields and industries.
Enjoy hand loading, shooting and hunting when I get a chance.
- Will

OldFussNFeathers

Quick story... I had a IN gunsmith hang up on me the other day. Found him on YouTube and wanted to help him technically on his mirror image videos. I complemented him on his knowledge of certain rare muzzle loaders and thought the conversation was going OK. I'm a friendly guy, but 1) he called me a cheapskate, and 2) basically faulted me for the State in which I reside. I said don't blame your fellow brother (and sister) California shooters for our politicians. He said don't ever call him again. Weird. Maybe he just had constipation that day. So please don't look down on a fellow shooter especially if he's not in TN or other state.
I found the forum due to item I was looking for that was being discussed here.
I'm in the laser business and have several customers in the firearms business. As a shooter, I expanded my business into firearms accessories selling cast shotgun slugs, and buck shot. I have sold Holosun sights as well as See All Open Sights and custom pop-up polymer sights for AR. We have a CO2 laser engraver and have supported shooters with that over the years. I post some classifieds soon when they allow me. I did make a small donation and will gladly kick in $5 as items sell. Happy to answer any laser tech questions and shoot me any engraving requests. 30 years in laser/ high tech fields and industries.
Enjoy hand loading, shooting and hunting when I get a chance.
-
Checked your website out. Pretty neat. Welcome to the fire!

TACTICAL66

Is the green laser really better than the red laser?
TDD:
It depends. The green is way brighter outside when the laser is competing with ambient light. Examples: If you shine red onto a shaded target, say concrete and it's close you can see it. If the sun is on it and as the spot is farther from you then green may be better. The object you shine on is important too. Green grass reflects green, and not so much red- so a red laser is not seen as well with our eyes. The green can be better. Also, if you are doing alignment close, or even target shooting- if you know about where the laser is going to be then you have a good chance of seeing red. Green ever more so. If however, you may not know where to expect the spot, green will likely outshine red and you eye will pick it up much better. Our eyes were designed to pick up green, we are more sensitive to green light at about 550 nm, nanometers- tech definition of color wavelength. Older green lasers were typically 532nm close to our eyes so a good match. New green diodes are about 520nm- not as good but still close to ideal green color of our eye workings. Red lasers are 635nm (an orangish red) and is about the brightest red laser, typically from a diode. Lower cost reds are 650nm and even farther away from our peak acuity for green. So, for the most part the answer is yes. I think many know about human night vision- outside and our eyes tend to see more when we adjust to the darkness. Shine a flashlight nearby, and that night vision is shattered. Same with a green laser. Say you are shooting at dusk, dawn, or at night. A green laser, even at legal power levels could be too bright and mess up the shooter's night vision. A red laser may be better suited in that situation.
Sorry for the long answer but that's a bunch of info that may help you out and others.

Latest posts