Impressed with Whittaker's

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Ordered a Beretta A300 Outlander Sunday night about 9PM. FFL calls around 2 today and says I can come and pick it up. A day and a half to get it to me is pretty impressive.

UpperTully

UpperTully

Supporter
I've had similar experiences buying guns from Buds and Sportsmans Guide.

UPSman

UPSman

Darrik and his crew at Whittaker's are extremely good people.

TNReb

TNReb

Supporter
UpperTully":25qp824r said:

I've used Buds several times, and I like them... but it's always been at least a week before they get my gun shipped out.

Jcalder

Jcalder

Supporter
TNReb":3ndc4gfe said:
UpperTully":3ndc4gfe said:

I've used Buds several times, and I like them... but it's always been at least a week before they get my gun shipped out.
this is my experience. And my ffl isn't great about calling me. But I'm generally in there a couple times a week and they're transfer is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
TNReb":edu3hul0 said:
UpperTully":edu3hul0 said:

Same here on Buds which still isn’t bad. Ordered a Benelli SBE2 about two years ago from Whitaker’s and had similar experience as the OP did. I was about to go out of town on a duck hunt and they came through. Of course I left it behind the seat of the truck when getting in another guy’s truck and didn’t get to hunt with it but that’s another story. :bash:

KPH

KPH

Supporter
TNRifleman":1t3x1znk said:
Ordered a Beretta A300 Outlander Sunday night about 9PM. FFL calls around 2 today and says I can come and pick it up. A day and a half to get it to me is pretty impressive.
If you want to be impressed go and see Whittakers it is a place where you can pick up a gun and fondle it.

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

TNReb":2ns75lij said:
UpperTully":2ns75lij said:

Same here. Buds has great prices but they tack on CC fees so I often pay by check. I usually have the check in the mail the same day the order is placed and on average the dealer will have the gun 14-18 days later.

Whittakers has the best Tikka prices I've seen. Top notch service from them with very fast shipping.

UpperTully

UpperTully

Supporter
TNReb":3vxygf6p said:
UpperTully":3vxygf6p said:

Man that sucks. I've never bought a gun where it didn't go out within 24-48hrs of the other placed at Buds

P

poorhunter

Big Ben":3vrv628z said:
What used to be Uncle Lee's in Greenville, Ky is now Bud's also. They advertise 5000 guns in stock, and all but handguns are out in the open.

Didn't know that about Uncle Lees! Been there a few time too.

T

Talome13

Whittaker's is by far the best place I have ever done business with

Roost 1

Roost 1

You would be dis-appointed with Uncle Lee’s after going to Whitaker’s.
I’m sitting in Whitaker’s parking lot now waiting for them to open.

Big Ben

Big Ben

poorhunter":1b1dqnyd said:
Big Ben":1b1dqnyd said:
What used to be Uncle Lee's in Greenville, Ky is now Bud's also. They advertise 5000 guns in stock, and all but handguns are out in the open.

Didn't know that about Uncle Lees! Been there a few time too.

Store is about 1/2 size now, they got rid of all the hardware junk and stuff. It is about a 20 minute drive for me where Whitaker's is a hour and a half.

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

Ordered pistol late Friday afternoon and received at dealer on wednesday.Pretty impressive considering it was christmas weekend. :tu:

mr.big

mr.big

I think Bud`s drop ships some stuff from warehouses in various places and shipping can be faster or slower depending on if they have it on hand or have it shipped from somewhere else,,

Kimber45

Kimber45

Buds has been the slowest I've dealt with, and have yet to deal with Whittakers, however I've used several of the big boys via slickguns and had amazing luck.. I actually ordered a SBEII from Cabelas during the big sale start, and had it the next day with a $5 shipping charge...which I was really happy with. I did have to get the SKU number and have a store run a locater for me to find the gun but once I did the Lady over the gun department in a Georgia store was one of the nicest folks I've ever dealt with by phone for a purchase. She called me back to confirm same day shipment. I gave Cabelas an AAA+++ on this deal!