I'm up

prstide

Back hurting again, after mowing the weeds yesterday :) . I'm not one for extra frills and comfort, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to look into getting an air ride seat or something similar for this zero turn mower that I recently (last summer) got. These mowers seem to enhance the shock of any bump you hit, and send that shock straight up your spine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to relieve this issue? This is the first time I've experienced using a zero turn and really don't know any do's and don'ts associated with using one. And I'm definitely not running too fast either, just getting old and can't take the punishment like I used to could. :)
I did that exact thing prior to this mowing season and it has made a night and day difference in my ability to stay on the mower without jarring my back to where I was feeling it for several days afterwards. Look into the ZTR Puffer. Easy install and again, world of difference.

ZTR Puffer Air Ride Platform

Popcorn

Supporter
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Oh and I'll also keep in mind leveling out the yard, but that seems like the most expensive option ;)
There is an implement called a Gill Pulverizer that incorporates harrow teeth in front and spiked rollers in the rear. My brother has one and with a small tractor he can really work a lawn down to something suitable to bowl on. Doesnt have to remove all of the sod as it rakes and rolls a little each pass. add seed and fertilizer before last pass. You might be able to rent one and not have to till or disk up the whole lawn.

Latest posts