Im ready

muddyboots

All new blades replaced on my international disc. That thing will cut now. All 26 of em brand new. All bearings inspected and oiled. Im fixing to do some planting this year. LOL If my old tractor will hold up. dont you just love running old junk. Ha Ha but it gets the job done with a little TLC.

Hollar Hunter

However long I expect a task to take on a tractor I double that for all the repairs along the way!!!! If you ain't fixing you ain't farming!!!!

lpo1981

If I could just find and old junk disc I'd be set! I don't mind old and junk as long as it works and gets the job done.

Hunter 257W

Running old junk....I have a degree in that art! :) I have a disk that is so worn out it's pitiful but I can't identify it enough to even start to know how to buy bearings for it. And that's assuming you can buy them. It dates back to somewhere around WWII seriously. 4 of my 5 tractors are 1948 models. My main problem is that my tractors (with the exception of one) are made for pull type implements so I'm stuck using what I have and 3-Point Hitch implements are not useable for me.

I've busted 2 discs off the end of my disk the past couple of years doing food plots. What I did was find all the pieces and take them back to the house and weld it all back together as straight as possible and keep going.

Swampster

With you - I run a 1964 tractor that I've had for over 10 years. It can be a pain some times, but is the best $3500 I have ever spent. It is a much better investment than a 4-wheeler for getting work done, longevity, and resale.

Latest posts