I'm Missing Seeing The Rut

Headhunter

I don't know how to check, but a friend told me yesterday that KY is down 30,000 on total deer kill this year. I know the area I hunt, most say they have seen very little or no rutting activity. I haven't seen much in middle Tennessee either, actually close to none. Seen plenty of deer but basically no rut.

EastTNcowsNwhitetails

Everyone in East tn I know has witnessed rut action in november and December. I was in Ohio when the rut hit here in East tn the hardest. I had buddies texting me left and right about bucks chasing while I sat in Ohio seeing a small buck here and there with no action. So I timed the 2nd rut based off 28 days later when all the chasing action took place and I hunted that roundabout time frame of December and killed my personal best with the most rut sign on a buck I've seen. His tarsal glands were the smelliest I've ever seen and his glands left orange trails in the snow. The rut has been taking place fellas I promise. Fawns will be on the ground next year just like always. I've grunted in bucks every year the past 4 or 5 years. But I spend every second I'm not working or with family in the woods. And I hunt probably 10 to 15 different spots, mostly national forest land. I give my spots a break and I let the young guys walk and it pays off.

EastTNcowsNwhitetails

May want to switch things up, try something new. The deer may have u figured out bettwr than u have them figured out and thats why u arent seeing what u are after.

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Not hunted since Thanksgiving morning. Walking in lots of fresh rubs and scrapes. Gonna put a camera on a big scrape on way out. Gotta be 5x8 feet and 3 trees with branches torn off over it.

DRSJ35

they rut on and off from now till after the end of season.there is always some doe"s that don"t get knocked up.

Headhunter

Finally saw a good bit of activity this past Saturday and Sunday in KY. Saw a couple of nice bucks and they were in easy range, nothing I would shoot.

Unless I get a chance to bow hunt though before the end of the season and get lucky, I will "eat" my KY tag, which is just fine.

Latest posts