"I'm getting too old for this!"

PalsPal

Glenn will be 85 this year.

My dad and I have made the trek to Middle TN for several years to hunt with him.

One of my annual goals is to put a bird in front of him. He's limited mobility wise, but we were able to get close enough to this bird we spotted in a field with a hen.

We sat up in a fence line that had some cedars for cover.

He only answered me once to some cutting and a long yelp sequence. Ten minutes later he's standing at 55 yards in strut after coming through another set of cedars. Glenn hadn't seen him , so I had to get him positioned just right, and luckily he strutted in range.

His old Winchester did the trick.

Attachments

• 20220416_105057.jpg
    20220416_105057.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Speedwell-Hunter

My dad and I have made the trek to Middle TN for several years to hunt with him.

One of my annual goals is to put a bird in front of him. He's limited mobility wise, but we were able to get close enough to this bird we spotted in a field with a hen.

He only answered me once to some cutting and a long yelp sequence. Ten minutes later he's standing at 55 yards in strut after coming through another set of cedars. Glenn hadn't seen him , so I had to get him positioned just right, and luckily he strutted in range.

This is and will be the best post of the season

Dirtcop

That can't get any better. Congrats to both of u.

gary66

The bird you will enjoy at a feast, the memory you will cherish forever. Thanks for letting us share it.

Latest posts