Illegal muzzleloader for tn

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Just seen where twra said these where illegal to hunt with during the muzzleloader season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-144839_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201029-144839_Facebook.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 301

backyardtndeer

Surprised to hear that. Plenty happy with our accura's, no need to change what works.

Dunno how much we will get out this season, but will likely be carrying a .308 during our ml'er season. In the cwd high risk area.

Wobblyshot1

Just doesn't fit TWRA'S requirements to be considered a muzzleloader. It's actually 100+ year old technology. Early target shooters use to breech load a cartridge case full of powder then muzzle load the bullet with the thinking that it greatly improved accuracy.

jetwrnch

From what specs I can read about it, I don't know why it would be illegal. The bullet can only be loaded from the muzzle. If anything it's safer because the charge can be removed for transport. Never seen one though.

dirtyhands

Yeah it seems odd to me because the post twra made said that it loads from the breaxh therefore doesn't meet the requirements for muzzleloader. I looked it up and you still have to load the projectile from the muzzle. It just seems like a cleaner easier to use muzzleloader. I still don't have a muzzleloader and would seriously consider this if it were legal.

Omega

And here I thought TWRA was looking at making single shot rifles legal, why single this one out? I have a T/C Triumph and a Black Diamond so it doesn't affect me, just consider it a strange stance considering.

mike243

I haven't read anything about TWRA wanting to allow straight wall cartridges, somebody brings it up every year wanting to be like Mississippi lol

mike243

why have any weapon rules other than no full auto and set a limit? same thing, folks wanting to not use the weapon that handicaps them or is a pain to maintain is why they want the weapons rules changed. at 1 time nothing smaller than a 243 was legal, now look at it centerfire is what it sez. muzzleloaders are still 45 cal or bigger I believe, there are some lower calibers out there in the smokeless that are highly effect big game killers but ! you have to have a stopping point for a lot of reasons and the rules are very clear imo. the regulations on all weapons have been relaxed over what they started out as, I think on bows there was a rule that a hunting arrow had to be shot with a bow that would send it to a certain distance, I'm not sure that is still on the books as it may have limited some women and children . They try to be fair on most every thing but folks always want to see how far they can push it. sometimes that don't work out for them lol . 1 thing they have strayed from is maximum hunter satisfaction by dropping the buck limit in hopes of building a bigger older deer herd, I think we were already at a really good point and the reduction as a whole hasn't worked out as well as some folks wanted.

catman529

don't forget that muzzleloader season is a tradition, there's no biological/wildlife management reason for it. So if they want to stick to the tradition of a normal muzzleloader that's fine with me. Many good bucks are killed with plain old muzzleloaders every year.

iowavf

It's sorta expensive to shoot and when it comes down to it it's just a muzzle loader and won't shoot any better than other in lines. You buy a pre loaded powder cartridge and what I heard they're $2 each, no thanks I'll stick with my Encore. Willing to bet they don't sell a lot of these and don't see any advantage to an in line.

Latest posts