Ignorant hunters Facebook. TWRA

Deer Assassin

Deer Assassin

Supporter
There are some real uninformed hunters on Facebook.
Ole PMC always used to say the guys on tndeer.com are in the top 5 % of all hunters in TN
Not that we kill more or bigger bucks cause some of us do we are just better hunters seeking good info and follow the rules and informed

Thanks to this site and twra's input I know it has benefited me all these years

Some on here may know the thread I am referring to on Facebook about orange and hunting under the landowner exemption

One dude stated he didn't have time to read the handbook. Dang ignorant

It is unbelievable the things you see. Violations left and right

I have even seen "celebrities " hunters post violations

FYI you can't use electronic calls for fox in Tn

Does Twra ever lurk on fb. Their law enforcement should

Have a great day. Take time to read handbook next year before season starts

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
infoman jr.":3phx5qc9 said:
The TN Deer Hunters facebook page blows my mind.

I finally had to "unfollow" that one.
I could feel my IQ dropping with every post I read.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Honestly that’s just how the majority of hunters in my area are. Very very few hunt legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
infoman jr.":27cs3rev said:

Great entertainment value. It is mindboggling some of the stuff you read there.

catman529

catman529

There are some really unintelligent people roaming around the woods...Facebook has shown me that better than anything else could. I like the group on there, there's plenty of good people and knowledgeable ones too, but the majority will make you shake your head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Anyone who is a moderator or admin should be embarrassed and ashamed to be a part of it. It flat out sucks and is the most uninformative page on the net. It's an outright sorry excuse for a hunting page. I have always made sure to let people know that this tndeer.com has nothing to do with that page.

TNGunsmoke

TNGunsmoke

It's not just there. We do a video series for Sunday school in our sportsman's class that has a well known Christian Celebrity hunter as a host. This past weeks video, had him assisting in a hunt during gun season wearing an orange hat, but no vest, and had another guest archery hunting during gun season wearing no orange at all. And both these hunts were on Public Core of Engineers land in middle TN. And done to be aired on a televised program.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

RUGER":akldgvs5 said:
infoman jr.":akldgvs5 said:

I finally had to "unfollow" that one.
I could feel my IQ dropping with every post I read.
I'll sum it up for the uninitiated (spelling and grammatical errors intentional but accurate):

- Roll call whose in the woods this mornin!?
- Should I hunt fields or woods tomorrow?
- Just shot one pics when I find her.
- Just saw a huge deer couldn't get on him so I'm posting on facebook instead of watching for him.
- etc...

TNGunsmoke

TNGunsmoke

You left out "Does anyone have a tracking dog near.....Just shot a monster and can't find him"

P

pass-thru

Not facebook but on ArcheryTalk last month some guy was bragging about finding a coyote in a trap, and shooting it unlawfully with his bow. Got some negative feedback from trappers and archerytalk and the thread was yanked. But not before he was reported to law enforcement. A very diligent warden followed, charged the guy with several violations. He pleaded guilty. This all happened with in a couple of weeks and was very interesting to see it unfold.

The most troubling thing to me about hunter pics on social media is how many have no regard for proper safe handling of weapons. Kids with fingers on the triggers (and adults too). Weapons draped over the dead deer pointing straight back at the shooter. I saw the all time worst recently....a chick kneeling behind a dead buck, with a cocked crossbow pointed straight back at her :bash:

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
TNGunsmoke":2s8nc8ww said:
You left out "Does anyone have a tracking dog near.....Just shot a monster and can't find him"

And while showing a picture of a basket rack 6 pt. "whats he score?"

ZachMarkus

ZachMarkus

That page is all about numbers now, when there were less than 10k members there was actually some informative information on there, now with over 50k members its a bunch of nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kimber45

Kimber45

Yep it’s quite amusing and alarming the level of ignorantjackassery that I see on there, that specific site mentioned above being the worst so far..

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Ya know http://www.tndeer.com has a facebook page too.
Never really understood why nobody went to it?
Well I say nobody, I should say not nearly as many as I thought would have anyway.

The only reason I could come up with was back before we put the facebook page up someone else had one named tndeer.com and when the owners decided to get one they couldn't even get their own name on it.
I think that made some people mad when they were asked to change the name of the page.
Dunno though.

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
I had to unfollow ALL hunting pages on Fakebook. Constant "what's your longest kill shot on a turkey" threads. And the endless posts alluding to poaching with all the buddies snickering about it. Just whizzed me off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

It's sad really. I un-followed all of them and it's kinda like sticking my head in the sand but I honestly did not want to believe that I am sharing the woods or the name "hunter" with a lot of these guys.

H

Hunter 257W

You guys are making me curious to go see what this is all about but I'm not sure how to get to anything on Facebook without having an account myself?

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

People are to lazy to read the regs. It is easier for them to ask. And the sad part is most that weigh in aren't informed either. Each day that goes by I comment less and less on the facebook pages. I like to see what others are "harvesting".

My definition of harvest-the word used to sugarcoat the act of killing, to pacify libtards who will hate you no matter what.