IF you use a processor, you might ...

batten_down

Good advice 👍🏻
Anyone use Montgomery County Meat Locker in Clarksville? Thoughts? I normally use Hunters Harvest, and like the job they do. But read online about the meat locker and thought they would be a good backup plan.

DoubleRidge

want to check with them to see if they are full or not.

H&R in Crossville has announced that they are full until they can catch up.

Add to that, one of the other local processors is no longer doing deer.

Just a heads up!

AND if you process your own, good for you, but we really don't care :D !

Worst case maybe skin, quarter and pack on ice until a processor can be located.

DoubleRidge

Good advice 👍🏻
Anyone use Montgomery County Meat Locker in Clarksville? Thoughts? I normally use Hunters Harvest, and like the job they do. But read online about the meat locker and thought they would be a good backup plan.

I've used B&K Farms about 25 or 30 minutes south of Clarksville in Vanleer....good people that do good work.
Little bit of a drive but may be another backup plan for Montgomery county.

270MONTS

Last year I killed one and all the processors were full or didn't do it anymore. So me and my dad(Bigmonts) did it ourselves. Didn't have a choice but was glad we did it after it was done. Glad my dad was there to tell me where I was doing it wrong too lol. By the way I don't do Facebook or watch Yellowstone either 😆

catman529

I called a processor yesterday asking if they'd take a HFTH donation and they said not until Wednesday. Thanksgiving week is always the busiest time of year. It's nice and cold and the deer is hanging up in the barn now. Trying to decide if I want to just go ahead and grind it or wait till the processor has room. I'm hoping to get at least 5 donations like I did last year.

Gravey

I dropped one off to Potts the Sunday of opening muzzleloader and it's still not ready. They did call and ask me to come get the head as they needed the space. They were full so if going there I'd definitely call first.

And Spurhunter watch your mouth. I'm on Facebook although I don't post much and the wife and I started binge watching Yellowstone this past weekend! 🤬🤣😜

THEdonkey0515

I Always use H&R when I seen the price went up to $100, then awhile back they wouldn't take deer on Sunday figured this was coming. I happen to kill one on a Sunday evening took it to mossy Grove and they had a full sign up. I started buying my own equipment then.

Omega

The guy I used in Palmyra retired, so switched over to Hunter's Harvest. Other years they would hold a spot if you called in once you got a deer, but now are first come first serve, though they do have some type of reserve a hook thing going on, I think he said $50 holds it for 7 days. Anyone have the processing prices for Montgomery Country Meat Locker? Oh, and BTW, I do my own, but drop off one or two for friends, so that is why I use them.

Dr2kill

Just a heads up!

Yep, I was frantic yesterday when I couldn't find a processor. Mom actually found a lead for a guy, 25 miles one way from her house. Needless to say I'm giving him a try.

redblood

Just a heads up!

Thanks for the heads up but i process my own

Latest posts