If you like Jakes I have a spot for you lol

REN

Went out to a spot I have in Smith County just to see whats what. This spot is odd because about 6 years ago it was LOADED LOADED with turkeys. I mean nothing to hear and see 20-30 birds fly down into this bottom field each morning. It was wild and I loved going out there from time to time. However about 5 years ago all the sudden there was NONE, and I mean nothing. That went on for 2 more years, just didnt hear or see a bird out there all the sudden.

Then 2 years ago I finally went out there and heard 1 Tom and 1 Jake a few times. Then last year I went out and heard 3 toms over the season. Granted since they disappeared I never decided to actually "Hunt" it I just liked going out there to see what was going on a few times during the season.

Went out there morning and heard 2 toms up on the ridge but then a freaking GAGGLE of jakes walking by me. So it gives me hope that at some point, maybe next year, it might be huntable again. Also you cant see it in the video but 4 other jakes had already passed by me and 2 others were in the field right behind me

Last edited:

REN

Where are you that they don't see you?

haha funny enough I was literally just leaning against a tree on my knees. I did have camo on but no face mask or gloves or anything. even just had a blue hat one. THey didnt seem to be to alarmed obviously. Granted it was pretty thick behind me but I was in no way SUPER camo'd up sitting there

UCStandSitter

haha funny enough I was literally just leaning against a tree on my knees. I did have camo on but no face mask or gloves or anything. even just had a blue hat one. THey didnt seem to be to alarmed obviously. Granted it was pretty thick behind me but I was in no way SUPER camo'd up sitting there
Interesting. I'm sure you were zoomed in a bit but you seem pretty close. They almost seem curious toward the end.

Latest posts