If you go back and change

cecil30-30

Go back to the day i was in usmc boot camp when i chose to go home after i broke my ankle. They gave me a choice. Stay and be on light dut for 12 weeks and then resume training or go home and start the process over when i was healed. I went home, and for some reason can't force myself to go back. The DI's said i wouldn't come back.....Well they was right. A day dont go by when i dont regret that decision.

Bowdacious

I would say no to that first cigarette. They killed my vocal range. I would have worked at staying in shape, too instead of having to struggle to get healthier now. Probably would finish my degree too. I would be retired from teaching soon if I had.

taximan

I wouldnt have taken so long to develop a deep relationship with my Lord and Savior...instead of keeping it surface level and making worldly decisions....knowing what it means and how it feels to have that relationship with Him, I would have dove in years ago....

Nimrod777

It's a real good question. I'm sitting here realizing that I've avoided most things that would have led to regret. I don't smoke, drink, cuss or chew, or run around with gals what do. I've worked hard to be the husband and dad I should be, and where I've lacked has been shortage of ability, not effort. I haven't done it perfectly, by far, but have tried not to abide any glaring errors.

If I had the chance, I'd have done a MUCH better job in my college choices. I'd have probably tried to avoid working with certain people (but then I wouldn't necessarily have the experience I have today), and I'd have tried to be a better friend.

godores

Haha, I like that Rogaine response.. not a regret yet, but genetics say it will be in 10 more years.

My biggest regret is not writing down all of my dad's stories. He lived such a fascinating life and told such great stories and I know I will never be able to recreate them or do them justice with my worthless memory.

ferg

I'd have to agree with the money thing - I should have been smarter sooner about it - I'd have been retired fully by now and could have helped more people along the way - saving and avoiding debt is a huge thing - and I see now, that had I done that, I could have ... well I try to help folks best i can now, I just wish I could have done and do more - and I'll leave it at that -

ferg....

Redfred16

For me it's a tie between 2 things.
1) I never would have married my 1st wife. She was a fun and good girlfriend. But a really bad wife.

2) I would have worked harder to finish my 20 years in the Army. I was already 1/2 way there when I got out.

Latest posts