If you decide to snag a carp....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I shared this when it happened but thought I would do so again, just in case.

Warning, it's pretty graphic.

Seriously.

This happened to my buddy at Reelfoot. He was reeling in a big carp and was kinda dragging it up on the bank when the hook came out.
He was with his son.
Ultimately lost his eye.

hookeye.jpg

Omega

yeah the ones i bought are about twice that size. i may still try it but ill probably buy a face shield. i have an old hard hat that i could use too.
I may need to market this to TNDeer fishermen, seems many have had the unfortunate experience of getting stuck with a lure. And if these carp jump like I've seen on some videos, maybe to the boaters too.
0_PAY-Microclimate_Helmet_TRIANGLENEWS_2JPG.jpg

iu

FLTENNHUNTER1

That is one big treble hook, I guess I better start wearing ballistic glasses at the lake.
That's no shiite...had a big bass throw a jerkbait right next to my boat and the lure came off barely missing my face and stuck into the underside of the bill on my hat.

Feel bad for the dude in the picture, it could happen to any of us at any point in time.

Omega

That's no shiite...had a big bass throw a jerkbait right next to my boat and the lure came off barely missing my face and stuck into the underside of the bill on my hat.

Feel bad for the dude in the picture, it could happen to any of us at any point in time.
You're right, many a close call here too, which I didn't stop to think about until later. Seeing it happened a bit back I'm sure he is ok now, though hate he lost his eye.

Never had it happen due to a fish, but once bounced it off a tree right into my shin. Dang near lost a treble hook off my favorite lure, almost, had to make the entrance a little bigger to get it out, wish I knew the other method then...still not entirely sure how to use it even now though.

Doecrusher

Got dam that's rough... we use to snag the piss out of Asian carp with round jigheads. Have a little crappie jig followed by a 3/8 or 1/2oz. Some of my best fishing days when they'd be thick in the spillway.

Snowwolfe

Dangggggg!! That's just terrible. So sorry he lost an eye. My son was fighting a red salmon in the Russian River and the line was stretched almost to its breaking point. Hook came out of the fish and line snapped back and sinker hit him breaking his nose.
Combat fishing is a real thing.
Outside of losing the eye hope he is doing well.