If you could live in another state

Ladys man

Ladys man

And have to live and hunt there where would it be an why?

Mine would be Alabama I’ve vacationed on Guntersville lake to last 16 yrs or so, so I’m pretty familiar with the fishing in that area but I think the hunting would be very good also and pretty sure I could find work in Huntsville area. So I’d live between those 2 cities.

T

TraumaSlave

I left Cincinnati with anywhere to go. Wife said she doesn't like the beach so, it was mountains. Can't say I'd rather be anywhere else. Rather vacation to the beach and live here.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Probably Alabama for me also. Love all the dirt roads and empty spaces in South AL. I just want to be far away from cities. I’m in downtown Nashville at the moment for work and it is an absolute culture shock compared to Jamestown lol [emoji23] I just can’t function in this city crap.

But with the line of work I’m in, it’s either TN, SC, NM, ID, or NV pretty much. I’d prefer to just stay in my home town like I am now. We are getting to many people from Florida and up north now trying to change our way of life but it hasn’t hit the tipping point just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDW05

TDW05

Iowa....no brainer for hunting aspect but I don't know about the job aspect lol. One would have to find out if they had jobs around in their career field and if you had a long commute and all that but to live in the land of giants I would find something!!

B

Bucky

Ladys man":3v0zd4qm said:
And have to live and hunt there where would it be an why?

Mine would be Alabama I’ve vacationed on Guntersville lake to last 16 yrs or so, so I’m pretty familiar with the fishing in that area but I think the hunting would be very good also and pretty sure I could find work in Huntsville area. So I’d live between those 2 cities.

Live in Alabama :shock:

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Wyoming. Elk, mule deer, antelope and no telling what else. Beautiful country with very few people.

Big Gun

Big Gun

Already have a house at Greers Ferry lake in Arkansas so most likely will move there permanently after retirement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

woodyard

woodyard

I would go to Arkansas. Mainly to be there for the trout fishing in the White River. The hunting would be good enough for everything to take care of my hunting itch. Lots of different hunting opportunities.

Aquaholic

Aquaholic

I really can't think of a better State to live in ... When addressing the Hunting and Fishing opportunities ... World Record Whitetail ... North America records of Small Mouth and Walleye ... We have striper ... We have Trout ... Getting a population of Elk ... Bears ... Plenty of Predator Hunting ... Turkeys ...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

1 good shot

1 good shot

I spent a couple of years in Jackson Hole Wyoming it was a big mistake to have ever left there

casjoker

casjoker

Supporter
Head west young man...If I would have stumped across the Wyoming, Idaho, Iowa years ago I wouldn't be here. I have lived all over the US and traveled the world. TN is pretty decent, I miss New England in the Fall. Alaska is the **** until about September. Kansas up through the Dakotas are pretty good hunting too, but I would say the Wyoming west area is best all around especially if you like winter sports too.

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

I lived in a lot of places. Longest time we ever stayed in one place was Alaska, 35 years. Did it all, fished every summer and hunted and killed grizzlies, moose, caribou, sheep, black bear, etc. but the high cost of living and winters take their toll as you age. Great place to live when you are young and have money. Regret we didn’t live out in the bush for 3-4 years just to try it.
Only place we hated living in was the 2.5 years we lived in Colorado. Both the wife and I despised it.
Now we live in Tennessee and don’t for a minute think of leaving. It’s a great state with fine people and a low cost of living.