If ufn….

encore06

If ufn I was hunting mature buck only, I would give up since the Small farms I hunt has poor nutrition and no way to improvise. Most of the deer compete with the cows for browse. The "thrill/fun" is wearing thin as I continue to "mature." I can see a decline in my physical ability to get around in my wheelchair, esp outdoors. Took a little spill last week and it wasn't east to get back in the seat. I get just as much fun reading the stories on here and seeing the faces of the youngsters. I would like to kill a "good un" before I call it quits completely. The price we pay to grow old. I'm thankful for my health and good friends. Greg, aka, stalkhunter keeps me going.

mike243

Hate to heat about the roll, I went 5 years never shot nothing buck or doe waiting on the big 1, I got to the point I was ready to quit and then I remembered the first deer or 2 I got, they were really special and small lol. I quit buying hunting magazines and watching hunting shows and just hunted, always tried to make my 2nd buck bigger than the first, Been busting and eating them pretty regularly but still have years when i dont get anything, having fun with friends and family means as much as killing 1

BSK

...I went 5 years never shot nothing buck or doe waiting on the big 1, I got to the point I was ready to quit and then I remembered the first deer or 2 I got, they were really special and small lol. I quit buying hunting magazines and watching hunting shows and just hunted, always tried to make my 2nd buck bigger than the first, Been busting and eating them pretty regularly but still have years when i dont get anything, having fun with friends and family means as much as killing 1
Strangely, once I stopped always trying to take the biggest/oldest buck around, and just concentrated on having fun and taking anything "decent," I suddenly become MUCH more successful at killing the big ones. No idea why.

BSK

If ufn I was hunting mature buck only, I would give up since the Small farms I hunt has poor nutrition and no way to improvise. Most of the deer compete with the cows for browse. The "thrill/fun" is wearing thin as I continue to "mature." I can see a decline in my physical ability to get around in my wheelchair, esp outdoors. Took a little spill last week and it wasn't east to get back in the seat. I get just as much fun reading the stories on here and seeing the faces of the youngsters. I would like to kill a "good un" before I call it quits completely. The price we pay to grow old. I'm thankful for my health and good friends. Greg, aka, stalkhunter keeps me going.
Hope you are successful encore06.

tickweed

Its great to take a mature deer. Which we all have our own ideas. But its really easy to let that take over. I know. I did it, for about 35 years. It finally happened, then it happened four more times. You have to be where a big deer is to kill one. But my point is, just enjoy the hunt, being outdoors. Looking back, I really missed out on the real meaning of hunting.

encore06

Its great to take a mature deer. Which we all have our own ideas. But its really easy to let that take over. I know. I did it, for about 35 years. It finally happened, then it happened four more times. You have to be where a big deer is to kill one. But my point is, just enjoy the hunt, being outdoors. Looking back, I really missed out on the real meaning of hunting.
Thank you and trust me, it's the getting out there and enjoying the pursuit and God's creation that keeps me going.

megalomaniac

Focus on having fun and enjoying the hunt... you arent competing with anyone but yourself! No need to kill a mature deer to have fun... in fact, no need to kill ANY deer to have fun and be proud of your accomplishments!

Latest posts