Ideas for blinds when hunting with kids

Bigg E

I was thinking about making a small blind out of some old arrows and camo material to use while hunting with the kids to help hide some movement. It is hard for them to be still sometimes and I dont like hunting out of the pop-up style for turkey. Anyone have pics of what they use or ideas for making one?

tasaman

You could make one but I agree with Gravey. Get a cheap already made one unless you just don't like whats out there.

Bigg E

Thanks for the replies guys. I used to have one like you posted Andy, but have no idea where it is now. I have lots of old arrows and some leafy material. I may just let the kids build one that will roll up. They love anything to do with hunting and it will be cool for them to kill a turkey using a blind they made. Good luck this season.

Bigg E

PalsPal said:
Bigg E said:
I dont like hunting out of the pop-up style for turkey.

Why not? They are almost perfect for kids.

I agree they are great for kids but I hunt public land and like to be able to move around without having to deal with a heavy, loud blind. My youngest son won a juvi hunt on private land at a fundraiser and we will have a pop-up in the truck in case of rain or the need to hunt a field, but most of the hunting we do is in the woods. If I had good private land to hunt I would likely have multiple blinds set up for the kids.

whiskey

Get a large piece of camo mesh fabric, like bug suits are made from and some push pins. Just pin it up to the trees. Weighs next to nothing.

PalsPal

Bigg E said:
I agree they are great for kids but I hunt public land and like to be able to move around without having to deal with a heavy, loud blind. My youngest son won a juvi hunt on private land at a fundraiser and we will have a pop-up in the truck in case of rain or the need to hunt a field, but most of the hunting we do is in the woods. If I had good private land to hunt I would likely have multiple blinds set up for the kids.

Gotcha!

tasaman

You didn't say the age of your kids or size. I have two blinds and on one the windows are too high for the kids to shoot out of. Perfect for me but for them they would have to stand. The other because the windows are V shaped the bottom of the V makes a good gun rest. Keep that in mind if you go this route.

Latest posts